Saturday, June 24, 2023

12th Sunday in Ordinary Time and the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist

Date: June 24, 2023 and June 25, 2023

Readings for the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist
New American Bible readings
First reading (Isaiah 49: 1–6)
A reading from the book of the prophet Isaiah.
Hear me, coastlands, listen, distant peoples. Before birth the Lord called me, from my mother’s womb he gave me my name. He made my mouth like a sharp-edged sword, concealed me, shielded by his hand. He made me a sharpened arrow, in his quiver he hid me. He said to me, You are my servant, in you, Israel, I show my glory. Though I thought I had toiled in vain, for nothing and for naught spent my strength, yet my right is with the Lord, my recompense is with my God. For now the Lord has spoken who formed me as his servant from the womb, that Jacob may be brought back to him and Israel gathered to him; I am honored in the sight of the Lord, and my God is now my strength! It is too little, he says, for you to be my servant, to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and restore the survivors of Israel; I will make you a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.

Second reading (Acts 13: 22–26)
A reading from the Acts of the Apostles.
Then he removed him and raised up David as their king; of him he testified, ‘I have found David, son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will carry out my every wish.’ From this man’s descendants God, according to his promise, has brought to Israel a savior, Jesus. John heralded his coming by proclaiming a baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel; and as John was completing his course, he would say, ‘What do you suppose that I am? I am not he. Behold, one is coming after me; I am not worthy to unfasten the sandals of his feet.’ “My brothers, children of the family of Abraham, and those others among you who are God-fearing, to us this word of salvation has been sent.

Gospel (Luke 1: 57–66 and 80)
A reading from the holy Gospel according to Luke.
When the time arrived for Elizabeth to have her child she gave birth to a son. Her neighbors and relatives heard that the Lord had shown his great mercy toward her, and they rejoiced with her. When they came on the eighth day to circumcise the child, they were going to call him Zechariah after his father, but his mother said in reply, “No. He will be called John.” But they answered her, “There is no one among your relatives who has this name.” So they made signs, asking his father what he wished him to be called. He asked for a tablet and wrote, “John is his name,” and all were amazed. Immediately his mouth was opened, his tongue freed, and he spoke blessing God. Then fear came upon all their neighbors, and all these matters were discussed throughout the hill country of Judea. All who heard these things took them to heart, saying, “What, then, will this child be?” For surely the hand of the Lord was with him. The child grew and became strong in spirit, and he was in the desert until the day of his manifestation to Israel.

Catholic Pastoral Edition Bible readings
First reading (Isaiah 49: 1–6)
A reading from the book of the prophet Isaiah.
Listen to me, O islands, pay attention, peoples from distant lands. The Lord called me from my mother's womb; he pronounced my name before I was born. He made my mouth like a sharpened sword. He hid me in the shadow of his hand. He made me into a polished arrow set apart in his quiver. He stated to me, "You are Israel, my servant, through you I will be known." "I have labored in vain," I thought, and spent my strength for nothing. Yet what is due me was in the hand of the Lord, and my reward was with my God. I am important in the sight of the Lord, and my God is my strength. And now the Lord has spoken, he who formed me in the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob back to him, to gather Israel to him. He stated, "It is not enough that you should be my servant, to restore the tribes of Jacob, to bring back the remnant of Israel. I will make you the light of the nations, that my salvation will reach to the ends of the earth."

Second reading (Acts 13: 22–26)
A reading from the Acts of the Apostles.
Paul stated in front of the assembly: "After that time, God removed him and raised up David as king, to whom he bore witness saying: I have found David, the son of Jesse, a man after my own heart, who will do all I want him to do. It is from the descendants of David that God has now raised up the promised savior of Israel, Jesus. Before he appeared, John proclaimed a baptism of repentance for all the people of Israel. As John was ending his life's work, he stated: 'I am not what you think I am, for after me another one is coming whose sandal I am not worthy to untie.' Brothers, children and descendants of Abraham, and you also who fear God, it is to you that this message of salvation has been sent."

Gospel (Luke 1: 57–66 and 80)
A reading from the holy Gospel according to Luke.
When the time came for Elizabeth, she gave birth to a son. Her neighbors and relatives heard that the merciful Lord had done a wonderful thing for her and they rejoiced with her. When on the eighth day they came to attend the circumcision of the child, they wanted to name him Zechariah after his father. But his mother stated, "Not so; he shall be called John." They stated to her, "No one in your family has that name"; and they asked the father by means of signs for the name he wanted to give. Zechariah asked for a writing tablet and wrote on it, "His name is John," and they were very surprised. Immediately, Zechariah could speak again and his first words were in praise of God. A holy fear came on all in their neighborhood, and throughout the Hills of Judea the people talk about these events. All who heard of it pondered in their minds and wondered, "What will this child be?" For they understood that the hand of the Lord was with him. As the child grew up, he was seen to be strong in the Spirit; he lived in the desert till the day when he appeared openly in Israel.

Readings for the 12th Sunday in Ordinary Time
New American Bible readings
First reading (Jeremiah 20: 10–13)
A reading from the book of the prophet Jeremiah.
Yes, I hear the whisperings of many: “Terror on every side! Denounce! let us denounce him!” All those who were my friends are on the watch for any misstep of mine. “Perhaps he can be tricked; then we will prevail, and take our revenge on him.” But the Lord is with me, like a mighty champion: my persecutors will stumble, they will not prevail. In their failure they will be put to utter shame, to lasting, unforgettable confusion. Lord of hosts, you test the just, you see mind and heart; let me see the vengeance you take on them, for to you I have entrusted my cause. Sing to the Lord, praise the Lord, for he has rescued the life of the poor from the power of the evildoers!

Second reading (Romans 5: 12–15)
A reading from the letter of Saint Paul to the Romans.
Therefore, just as through one person sin entered the world, and through sin, death, and thus death came to all, inasmuch as all sinned — for up to the time of the law, sin was in the world, though sin is not accounted when there is no law. But death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who did not sin after the pattern of the trespass of Adam, who is the type of the one who was to come. But the gift is not like the transgression. For if by that one person’s transgression the many died, how much more did the grace of God and the gracious gift of the one person Jesus Christ overflow for the many.

Gospel (Matthew 10: 26–33)
A reading from the holy Gospel according to Matthew.
Jesus sends out the twelve by saying: "Therefore do not be afraid of them. Nothing is concealed that will not be revealed, nor secret that will not be known. What I say to you in the darkness, speak in the light; what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops. And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna. Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin? Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father’s knowledge. Even all the hairs of your head are counted. So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Everyone who acknowledges me before others I will acknowledge before my heavenly Father. But whoever denies me before others, I will deny before my heavenly Father."

Catholic Pastoral Edition Bible readings
First reading (Jeremiah 20: 10–13)
A reading from the book of the prophet Jeremiah.
I hear many people whispering, "Terror is all around! Denounce him! Yes, denounce him!" All my friends watch me to see if I will slip: "Perhaps he can be deceived," they say; "then we can get the better of him and have our revenge." But Yahweh, a mighty warrior, is with me. My persecutors will stumble and not prevail; that failure will be their shame and their disgrace will never be forgotten. Yahweh, God of hosts, you test the just and probe the heart and mind. Let me see your revenge on them, for to you I have entrusted my cause. Sing to Yahweh! Praise Yahweh and say: he has rescued the poor from the clutches of the wicked!

Second reading (Romans 5: 12–15)
A reading from the letter of Saint Paul to the Romans.
Now, sin entered the world through one man and through sin, death, and later on death spread to all humankind, because all sinned. As long as there was no law, they could not speak of disobedience, but sin was already in the world. This is why from Adam to Moses death reigned among them, although their sin was not disobedience as in Adam's case—this was not the true Adam, but foretold the other who was to come. Such has been the fall, but God's gift goes far beyond. Multitudes die because of the fault of one man, but how much more does the grace of God spread when the gift he granted reaches the multitudes, from this unique man Jesus Christ.

Gospel (Matthew 10: 26–33)
A reading from the holy Gospel according to Matthew.
Jesus sends out the twelve by saying: "There is nothing covered that will not be uncovered, and nothing hidden that will not be made known What I am telling you in the dark, you must speak in the light. What you hear in private, proclaim from the housetops. Do not be afraid of those who kill the body, but have no power to kill the soul. Rather be afraid of him who can destroy both body and soul in hell. For only a few cents you can buy two sparrows, yet not one sparrow falls to the ground without your Father's consent. As for you, every hair of your head has been counted. So do not be afraid: you are worth much more than many sparrows. Whoever acknowledges me before others I will acknowledge before my Father in heaven. Whoever rejects me before others I will reject before my Father in heaven."

28 comments:

  1. Responsorial Psalm (Psalm 69) (Verses 8–10, 14, 17, and 33–35)
    The response is: Lord, in your great love, answer me.

    For your sake I bear insult, and shame covers my face. I have become an outcast to my brothers, a stranger to my mother's children, because zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who blaspheme you fall upon me.

    I pray to you, O LORD, for the time of your favor, O God! In your great kindness answer me with your constant help. Answer me, O LORD, for bounteous is your kindness; in your great mercy turn toward me.

    "See, you lowly ones, and be glad; you who seek God, may your hearts revive! For the LORD hears the poor, and his own who are in bonds he spurns not. Let the heavens and the earth praise him, the seas and whatever moves in them!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This responsorial psalm is taken from the New American Bible.

      Delete
    2. This responsorial psalm is recited during the 12th Sunday in Ordinary Time.

      Delete
  2. Responsorial Psalm (Psalm 69) (Verses 8–10, 14, 17, and 33–35)
    The response is: Lord, in your great love, answer me.

    For your sake I bear insult, and shame covers my face. I have become an outcast to my brothers, a stranger to my mother's children, because zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who blaspheme you fall upon me.

    I pray to you, O LORD, for the time of your favor, O God! In your great kindness answer me with your constant help. Answer me, O LORD, for bounteous is your kindness; in your great mercy turn toward me.

    “See, you lowly ones, and be glad; you who seek God, may your hearts revive! For the LORD hears the poor, and his own who are in bonds he spurns not. Let the heavens and the earth praise him, the seas and whatever moves in them!’‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This responsorial psalm is taken from the Catholic Pastoral Edition Bible.

      Delete
    2. This responsorial psalm is recited during the 12th Sunday on Ordinary Time.

      Delete
  3. Alleluia, alleluia.
    The Spirit of truth will testify to me, says the Lord; and you also will testify.
    Alleluia, alleluia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Gospel Acclamation is recited during the 12th Sunday in Ordinary Time.

      Delete
  4. The following are readings for the 12th Sunday in Ordinary Time in different languages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unang pagbabasa (Jeremias 20: 10–13)
      Ang pagbabasa sa aklat ni propeta Jeremias.
      Naririnig kong maraming nagbubulungan. Tinagurian nila akong “Takot sa Lahat ng Dako.” Sinasabi nila, “Isumbong natin! Isumbong natin sa may kapangyarihan!” Pati matatalik kong kaibiga'y naghahangad ng aking kapahamakan. Sabi pa nila, “Marahil ay malilinlang natin siya; pagkatapos, hulihin natin at paghigantihan.” Subalit ikaw, Panginoon, ay nasa panig ko, tulad sa malakas at makapangyarihang mandirigma; mabibigo ang lahat ng umuusig sa akin, mapapahiya sila at hindi magtatagumpay kailanman. Hindi na makakalimutan ang kanilang kahihiyan habang panahon. Makatarungan ka kung sumubok sa mga tao, Panginoon, na Makapangyarihan sa lahat, alam mo ang laman ng kanilang mga puso't isip. Kaya ikaw ang maghiganti sa mga kaaway ko, ipinagkakatiwala ko sa mga kamay mo ang aking kapakanan. Awitan ninyo ang Panginoon, siya'y inyong papurihan, sapagkat inililigtas niya ang mga api mula sa kamay ng mga gumagawa ng kasamaan.

      Ikalawang pagbabasa (Roma 5: 12–15)
      Ang pagbabasa sa sulat ni San Pablo sa mga taga-Roma.
      Ang kasalanan ay pumasok sa sanlibutan sa pamamagitan ng isang tao, at ang kamatayan ay pumasok sa pamamagitan ng kasalanan. Dahil dito, lumaganap ang kamatayan sa lahat ng tao sapagkat ang lahat ay nagkasala. Nasa sanlibutan na ang kasalanan bago ibigay ang Kautusan, ngunit kung walang kautusan, ang kasalanan ay hindi itinuturing na kasalanan. Gayunman, naghari pa rin ang kamatayan mula kay Adan hanggang kay Moises, pati sa mga taong hindi nagkasala tulad ng pagsuway ni Adan sa utos ng Diyos. Si Adan ay anyo ng isang darating. Subalit magkaiba ang dalawang ito dahil ang walang bayad na kaloob ng Diyos ay hindi katulad ng kasalanan ni Adan. Totoong maraming tao ang namatay dahil sa kasalanan ng isang tao. Ngunit ang kagandahang-loob ng Diyos ay mas dakila, gayundin ang kanyang walang bayad na kaloob sa maraming tao sa pamamagitan ng kagandahang-loob ng isang tao, si Jesu-Cristo.

      Ebanghelyo (Mateo 10: 26–33)
      Ang magandang balita ayon kay San Mateo.
      “Kaya huwag kayong matakot sa kanila. Walang natatago na di malalantad at walang nalilihim na di mabubunyag. Ang sinasabi ko sa inyo sa dilim ay ulitin ninyo sa liwanag; at ang ibinubulong sa inyo ay inyong ipagsigawan sa lansangan. Huwag ninyong katakutan ang pumapatay ng katawan ngunit hindi naman nakakapatay ng kaluluwa. Sa halip, ang katakutan ninyo ay ang Diyos na may kakayahang pumuksa ng katawan at kaluluwa sa impiyerno. Hindi ba't ipinagbibili sa halaga ng isang salaping tanso ang dalawang maya? Gayunman, kahit isa sa kanila'y hindi nahuhulog sa lupa kung hindi kalooban ng inyong Ama. At kayo, maging ang buhok ninyo'y bilang niyang lahat. Kaya, huwag kayong matakot; higit kayong mahalaga kaysa maraming maya.” “Ang sinumang kumilala sa akin sa harapan ng mga tao ay kikilalanin ko rin naman sa harapan ng aking Amang nasa langit. Ngunit ang sinumang ikaila ako sa harap ng mga tao ay ikakaila ko rin sa harap ng aking Amang nasa langit.”

      Delete
    2. Bacaan pertama (Yeremia 20: 10–13)
      Pembacaan dari kitab nabi Yeremia.
      Aku telah mendengar bisikan banyak orang: "Kegentaran datang dari segala jurusan! Adukanlah dia! Kita mau mengadukan dia!" Semua orang sahabat karibku mengintai apakah aku tersandung jatuh: "Barangkali ia membiarkan dirinya dibujuk, sehingga kita dapat mengalahkan dia dan dapat melakukan pembalasan kita terhadap dia!" Tetapi TUHAN menyertai aku seperti pahlawan yang gagah, sebab itu orang-orang yang mengejar aku akan tersandung jatuh dan mereka tidak dapat berbuat apa-apa. Mereka akan menjadi malu sekali, sebab mereka tidak berhasil, suatu noda yang selama-lamanya tidak terlupakan! Ya TUHAN semesta alam, yang menguji orang benar, yang melihat batin dan hati, biarlah aku melihat pembalasan-Mu terhadap mereka, sebab kepada-Mulah kuserahkan perkaraku. Menyanyilah untuk TUHAN, pujilah TUHAN! Sebab ia telah melepaskan nyawa orang miskin dari tangan orang-orang yang berbuat jahat.

      Bacaan kedua (Roma 5: 12–15)
      Pembacaan dari surat Paulus kepada jemaat di Roma.
      Sebab itu, sama seperti dosa telah masuk ke dalam dunia oleh satu orang, dan oleh dosa itu juga maut, demikianlah maut itu telah menjalar kepada semua orang, karena semua orang telah berbuat dosa. Sebab sebelum hukum Taurat ada, telah ada dosa di dunia. Tetapi dosa itu tidak diperhitungkan kalau tidak ada hukum Taurat. Sungguhpun demikian maut telah berkuasa dari zaman Adam sampai kepada zaman Musa juga atas mereka, yang tidak berbuat dosa dengan cara yang sama seperti yang telah dibuat oleh Adam, yang adalah gambaran Dia yang akan datang. Tetapi karunia Allah tidaklah sama dengan pelanggaran Adam. Sebab, jika karena pelanggaran satu orang semua orang telah jatuh di dalam kuasa maut, jauh lebih besar lagi kasih karunia Allah dan karunia-Nya, yang dilimpahkan-Nya atas semua orang karena satu orang, yaitu Yesus Kristus.

      Bacaan Injil (Matius 10: 26–33)
      Pembacaan dari Injil suci menurut Santo Matius.
      Jadi janganlah kamu takut terhadap mereka, karena tidak ada sesuatu pun yang tertutup yang tidak akan dibuka dan tidak ada sesuatu pun yang tersembunyi yang tidak akan diketahui. Apa yang Kukatakan kepadamu dalam gelap, katakanlah itu dalam terang; dan apa yang dibisikkan ke telingamu, beritakanlah itu dari atas atap rumah. Dan janganlah kamu takut kepada mereka yang dapat membunuh tubuh, tetapi yang tidak berkuasa membunuh jiwa; takutlah terutama kepada Dia yang berkuasa membinasakan baik jiwa maupun tubuh di dalam neraka. Bukankah burung pipit dijual dua ekor seduit? Namun seekor pun dari padanya tidak akan jatuh ke bumi di luar kehendak Bapamu. Dan kamu, rambut kepalamu pun terhitung semuanya. Sebab itu janganlah kamu takut, karena kamu lebih berharga dari pada banyak burung pipit. Setiap orang yang mengakui Aku di depan manusia, Aku juga akan mengakuinya di depan Bapa-Ku yang di surga. Tetapi barangsiapa menyangkal Aku di depan manusia, Aku juga akan menyangkalnya di depan Bapa-Ku yang di surga."

      Delete
    3. 第一読み物(エレミヤ書第20章:第10詩–第13詩)
      この読み物はエレミヤ書です。
      そのうえ、四方八方から脅す声が聞こえるので、私はおじけづきます。「彼を訴えてやろう」と、彼らは言います。かつての友人でさえ、私がつまずき倒れるのを待っています。「きっと彼は、自分でしかけた罠に落ちる。そうしたら、うんと仕返ししてやろう」とてぐすね引いて待っているのです。しかし主は、偉大な勇士のように私のそばに立っています。この力ある恐ろしいお方の前で、彼らは縮み上がります。彼らは私に歯が立ちません。かえって恥をかき、徹底的に屈辱感を味わい、一生、汚名を着せられるようになります。ああ、天の軍勢の主よ。正しい者を見分け、人の心の奥底にある思いを調べるお方よ。いっさいをお任せしますから、あなたが彼らに復讐してください。神よ、ありがとうございます。私は神をたたえ、ほめ歌います。困りきって哀れなこの私を、迫害する者の手から救い出してくださったからです。

      第二読み物(ローマ人第5章:第12詩–第15詩)
      この読み物はローマ人への手紙です。
      アダムが罪を犯した時、罪が世界に入り込みました。アダムの罪によって死が全人類に広まり、すべての人は死ぬように定められました。それというのも、すべての人が罪を犯したからです。これらの原因がアダムの罪にあることを、私たちは知っています。アダムからモーセまでの時代にも人々は罪を犯しましたが、神はそのころ、罪を犯したからといって、彼らに死刑を宣告したりはなさいませんでした。神はまだ、彼らに律法を与えておらず、また、彼らにどんなことを望んでおられるか告げてもいなかったからです。そういうわけで、彼らの肉体の死はアダムの罪によるもので、彼らの罪のせいではありませんでした。アダムは人類を代表するという意味で、やがて来られるキリストの原型ですが、両者はなんと対照的でしょう。人間の罪と神の赦しとの間には、なんと大きな違いがあることでしょう。アダム一人の罪によって多くの人に死がもたらされました。しかし、イエス・キリスト一人によって、多くの人に赦しがもたらされたのです。

      福音書(マタイ第10章:第26詩–第33詩)
      この読み物はマタイの福音書です。
      しかし、脅迫する者たちを恐れてはいけません。やがてほんとうのことが明らかになり、彼らがひそかに巡らした陰謀は、すべての人に知れ渡るからです。わたしが今、暗闇で語ることを、明るいところで大声でふれ回りなさい。わたしがあなたがたの耳にささやいたことを、屋上から言い広めなさい。体だけは殺せても、魂には指一本ふれることもできないような人々を、恐れてはいけません。魂も体も地獄に落とすことのできる神だけを恐れなさい。たった一羽の雀でさえ、あなたがたの天の父の許しなしに地に落ちることはありません。あなたがたの髪の毛さえ一本残らず数えられています。ですから、心配しなくてもいいのです。あなたがたは神にとって、雀より、ずっと大切なものではありませんか。もしあなたがたが、だれの前でも、『私はイエスの友だ』と認めるなら、わたしも、天の父の前で、あなたがたをわたしの友だとはっきり認めましょう。しかし、もし人々の前で、『イエスなど知らない』と言うなら、わたしもまた天の父の前で、あなたがたを知らないと、はっきり言うでしょう。

      Delete
    4. 第一読み物(エレミヤ書第20章:第10詩–第13詩)
      この読み物はエレミヤ書です。
      わたしには聞こえています多くの人の非難が。「恐怖が四方から迫る」と彼らは言う。「共に彼を弾劾しよう」と。わたしの味方だった者も皆わたしがつまずくのを待ち構えている。「彼は惑わされて我々は勝つことができる。彼に復讐してやろう」と。しかし主は、恐るべき勇士としてわたしと共にいます。それゆえ、わたしを迫害する者はつまずき勝つことを得ず、成功することなく甚だしく辱めを受ける。それは忘れられることのないとこしえの恥辱である。万軍の主よ正義をもって人のはらわたと心を究め見抜かれる方よ。わたしに見させてくださいあなたが彼らに復讐されるのを。わたしの訴えをあなたに打ち明けお任せします。主に向かって歌い、主を賛美せよ。主は貧しい人の魂を悪事を謀る者の手から助け出される。

      第二読み物(ローマ人第5章:第12詩–第15詩)
      この読み物はローマの信徒への手紙です。
      このようなわけで、一人の人によって罪が世に入り、罪によって死が入り込んだように、死はすべての人に及んだのです。すべての人が罪を犯したからです。律法が与えられる前にも罪は世にあったが、律法がなければ、罪は罪と認められないわけです。しかし、アダムからモーセまでの間にも、アダムの違犯と同じような罪を犯さなかった人の上にさえ、死は支配しました。実にアダムは、来るべき方を前もって表す者だったのです。しかし、恵みの賜物は罪とは比較になりません。一人の罪によって多くの人が死ぬことになったとすれば、なおさら、神の恵みと一人の人イエス・キリストの恵みの賜物とは、多くの人に豊かに注がれるのです。

      福音書(マタイ第10章:第26詩–第33詩)
      この読み物はマタイによる福音書です。
      「人々を恐れてはならない。覆われているもので現されないものはなく、隠されているもので知られずに済むものはないからである。わたしが暗闇であなたがたに言うことを、明るみで言いなさい。耳打ちされたことを、屋根の上で言い広めなさい。体は殺しても、魂を殺すことのできない者どもを恐れるな。むしろ、魂も体も地獄で滅ぼすことのできる方を恐れなさい。二羽の雀が一アサリオンで売られているではないか。だが、その一羽さえ、あなたがたの父のお許しがなければ、地に落ちることはない。あなたがたの髪の毛までも一本残らず数えられている。だから、恐れるな。あなたがたは、たくさんの雀よりもはるかにまさっている。だから、だれでも人々の前で自分をわたしの仲間であると言い表す者は、わたしも天の父の前で、その人をわたしの仲間であると言い表す。しかし、人々の前でわたしを知らないと言う者は、わたしも天の父の前で、その人を知らないと言う。」

      Delete
    5. Primera lectura (Jeremías 20: 10–13)
      Una lectura del libro del profeta Jeremías.
      Yo oía a mis adversarios que decían contra mí: “¿Cuándo, por fin, lo denunciarán?” Ahora me observan los que antes me saludaban, esperando que yo tropiece para desquitarse de mí. Pero el Señor está conmigo, él, mi poderoso defensor; los que me persiguen no me vencerán. Caerán ellos y tendrán la vergüenza de su fracaso, y su humillación no se olvidará jamás. Señor, tus ojos están pendientes del hombre justo. Tú conoces las conciencias y los corazones, haz que vea cuando te desquites de ellos, porque a ti he confiado mi defensa. ¡Canten y alaben al Señor, que salvó al desamparado de las manos de los malvados!

      Salmo responsorial (Salmo 69) (Versículos 8–10, 14, 17, and 33–35)
      La respuesta es: Señor, por tu gran amor, respóndeme.
      • Por ti he soportado afrentas y la vergüenza cubrió mi rostro; me convertí en un extraño para mis hermanos, fui un extranjero para los hijos de mi madre: porque el celo de tu Casa me devora, y caen sobre mí los ultrajes de los que te agravian.
      • Pero mi oración sube hasta ti, Señor, en el momento favorable: respóndeme, Dios mío, por tu gran amor, sálvame, por tu fidelidad. Respóndeme, Señor, por tu bondad y tu amor, por tu gran compasión vuélvete a mí.
      • Que lo vean los humildes y se alegren, que vivan los que buscan a Dios: porque el Señor escucha a los pobres y no desprecia a sus cautivos. Que lo alaben el cielo, la tierra y el mar, y todos los seres que se mueven en ellos.

      Segunda lectura (Romanos 5: 12–15)
      Una lectura de la carta de san Pablo a los romanos.
      Por lo tanto, por un solo hombre entró el pecado en el mundo, y por el pecado la muerte, y así la muerte pasó a todos los hombres, porque todos pecaron. En efecto, el pecado ya estaba en el mundo, antes de la Ley, pero cuando no hay Ley, el pecado no se tiene en cuenta. Sin embargo, la muerte reinó desde Adán hasta Moisés, incluso en aquellos que no habían pecado, cometiendo una transgresión semejante a la de Adán, que es figura del que debía venir. Pero no hay proporción entre el don y la falta. Porque si la falta de uno solo provocó la muerte de todos, la gracia de Dios y el don conferido pro la gracia de un solo hombre, Jesucristo, fueron derramados mucho más abundantemente sobre todos.

      Evangelio (Mateo 10: 26–33)
      Una lectura del Evangelio Santo según el san Mateo.
      Jesús les dijo a los Doce: “Pero no les tengan miedo. Nada hay oculto que no llegue a ser descubierto, ni nada secreto que no llegue a saberse. Lo que yo les digo en la oscuridad, repítanlo ustedes a la luz, y lo que les digo en privado, proclámenlo desde las azoteas. No teman a los que sólo pueden matar el cuerpo, pero no el alma; teman más bien al que puede destruir alma y cuerpo en el infierno. ¿Acaso un par de pajaritos no se venden por unos centavos? Pero ni uno de ellos cae en tierra sin que lo permita su Padre. En cuanto a ustedes, hasta sus cabellos están todos contados. ¿No valen ustedes más que muchos pajaritos? Por lo tanto no tengan miedo. Al que se ponga de mi parte ante los hombres, yo me pondré de su parte ante mi Padre de los Cielos. Y al que me niegue ante los hombres, yo también lo negaré ante mi Padre que está en los Cielos.”

      Delete
  5. The following are readings for the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Primera lectura (Isaías 49: 1–6)
      Una lectura del libro del profeta Isaías.
      Escúchenme, islas lejanas, pongan atención, pueblos. El Señor me llamó desde el vientre de mi madre, conoció mi nombre desde antes que naciera. Hizo de mi boca una espada cortante y me guardó debajo de su mano. Hizo de mí una flecha puntiaguda que tenía escondida entre las otras. Él me dijo: "Tú eres mi servidor, Israel, y por ti me daré a conocer." Mientras que yo pensaba: "He trabajado en balde, en vano he gastado mis fuerzas, para nada." El Señor, sin embargo, protegía mis derechos, mi Dios guardaba mi salario, pues soy importante para el Señor, y mi Dios se hizo mi fuerza. Y ahora ha hablado el Señor, que me formó desde el seno materno para que fuera su servidor, para que le traiga a Jacob y le junte a Israel: "No vale la pena que seas mi servidor únicamente para restablecer a las tribus de Jacob, o traer sus sobrevivientes a su patria. Tú serás, además, una luz para las naciones, para que mi salvación llegue hasta el último extremo de la tierra."

      Salmo responsorial (Salmo 139) (Versículos 1B–3 y 13–15)
      La respuesta es: Te doy gracias porque fui formado de manera tan admirable.
      • Señor, tú me sondeas y me conoces; tú sabes si me siento o me levanto; de lejos percibes lo que pienso, te das cuenta si camino o si descanso, y todos mis pasos son familiares a ti.
      • Tú creaste mis entrañas, me plasmaste en el seno de mi madre: te doy gracias porque fui formado de manera tan admirable. ¡Qué maravillosas son tus obras!
      • Tú conocías hasta el fondo de mi alma y nada de mi ser se te ocultaba, cuando yo era formado en lo secreto, cuando era tejido en lo profundo de la tierra.

      Segunda lectura (Hechos de los Apóstoles 13: 22–26)
      Una lectura de los Hechos de los Apóstoles.
      Y cuando Dios desechó a Saúl, les suscitó como rey a David, de quien dio este testimonio: He encontrado en David, el hijo de Jesé, a un hombre conforme a mi corazón que cumplirá siempre mi voluntad. De la descendencia de David, como lo había prometido, Dios hizo surgir para Israel un Salvador, que es Jesús. Como preparación a su venida, Juan había predicado un bautismo de penitencia a todo el pueblo de Israel. Y al final de su carrera, Juan decía: "Yo no soy el que ustedes creen, pero sepan que después de mí viene aquel a quien yo no soy digno de desatar las sandalias." Hermanos, este mensaje de salvación está dirigido a ustedes: los descendientes de Abraham y los que temen a Dios.

      Evangelio (Lucas 1: 57–66 y 80)
      Una lectura del Evangelio Santo según el San Lucas.
      Cuando llegó el tiempo en que Isabel debía ser madre, dio a luz un hijo. Al enterarse sus vecinos y parientes de la gran misericordia con que Dios la había tratado, se alegraban con ella. A los ocho días, se reunieron para circuncidar al niño, y querían llamarlo Zacarías, como su padre; pero la madre dijo: “No, debe llamarse Juan.” Ellos le decían: “No hay nadie en tu familia que lleve ese nombre.” Entonces preguntaron por señas al padre qué nombre quería que le pusieran. Este pidió una pizarra y escribió: “Su nombre es Juan.” Todos quedaron admirados. Y en ese mismo momento, Zacarías recuperó el habla y comenzó a alabar a Dios. Este acontecimiento produjo una gran impresión entre la gente de los alrededores, y se lo comentaba en toda la región montañosa de Judea. Todos los que se enteraron guardaban este recuerdo en su corazón y se decían: “¿Qué llegará a ser este niño?” Porque la mano del Señor estaba con él. El niño iba creciendo y se fortalecía en su espíritu; y vivió en lugares desiertos hasta el día en que se manifestó a Israel.

      Delete
    2. Unang pagbabasa (Isaias 49: 1–6)
      Ang pagbabasa sa aklat ni propeta Isaias.
      Makinig kayo mga taong naninirahan sa malalayong mga bansa. Pinili na ako ng Panginoon bago pa isilang, at hinirang niya ako para siya'y paglingkuran. Mga salita ko'y ginawa niyang singtalim ng espada, siya ang sa aki'y laging nag-iingat. Ginawa niya akong parang matulis na palaso na anumang oras ay handang itudla. Sinabi niya sa akin, “Israel, ikaw ay lingkod ko; sa pamamagitan mo ako'y pupurihin ng mga tao.” Ngunit ang sagot ko, “Ako ay nabigo sa aking pagsisikap, hindi nagtagumpay gayong ibinuhos ko ang aking lakas.” Gayunma'y ipinapaubaya ko sa Panginoon ang aking kalagayan, na ako'y kanyang gagantimpalaan sa aking nakayanan. Bago pa ako ipanganak ay hinirang nang Panginoon; pinili niya ako para maging lingkod niya, upang tipunin ang bayang Israel na nagkawatak-watak. Binigyan ako ng Panginoon ng karangalan, sa kanya nagbubuhat ang aking kalakasan. Sinabi sa akin ng Panginoon: “Israel na aking lingkod, may mas mahalaga pa akong ipapagawa sa iyo. Bukod sa pagpapanumbalik sa mga Israelitang nalabi, gagawin din kitang liwanag sa mga bansa upang ang buong daigdig ay maligtas.”

      Salmong tugon (Awit 139) (Berso 1–3 at 13–15)
      Ang tugon ay: Pinupuri kita, O Diyos, marapat kang katakutan.
      • Ako'y iyong siniyasat, batid mo ang aking buhay, ang lahat kong lihim, Panginoon, ay tiyak mong nalalaman. Ang lahat ng gawain ko, sa iyo ay hindi lingid, kahit ikaw ay malayo, batid mo ang aking isip. Ako'y iyong nakikita, gumagawa o hindi man, ang lahat ng gawain ko'y pawang iyong nalalaman.
      • Ang anumang aking sangkap, ikaw, O Diyos, ang lumikha, sa tiyan ng aking ina'y hinugis mo akong bata. Pinupuri kita, O Diyos, marapat kang katakutan, ang lahat ng gawain mo ay kahanga-hangang tunay.
      • Sa loob ng aking puso, lahat ito'y nakikintal. Ang buto ko sa katawan noong iyon ay hugisin, sa loob ng bahay-bata doo'y iyong napapansin; lumalaki ako roong sa iyo'y di nalilihim.

      Ikalawang pagbabasa (Mga Gawa 13: 22–26)
      Ang pagbabasa sa mga Gawa ng mga Apostol.
      At nang siya'y alisin ng Diyos, si David naman ang pinili ng Diyos upang maghari sa kanila. Sinabi ng Diyos tungkol sa kanya, ‘Si David, na anak ni Jesse, ay isang lalaking aking kinalulugdan, na handang sumunod sa lahat ng nais ko.’ “Sa angkan ng lalaking ito nagmula si Jesus, ang Tagapagligtas na ipinangako ng Diyos sa Israel. Bago siya dumating, nangaral si Juan sa buong Israel na dapat nilang pagsisihan at talikuran ang kanilang mga kasalanan, at magpabautismo. Nang matatapos na ni Juan ang kanyang gawain, sinabi niya sa mga tao, ‘Sino ba ako sa akala ninyo? Hindi ako ang Cristo. Ngunit siya'y darating na kasunod ko. At hindi ako karapat-dapat kahit magkalag man lamang ng kanyang sandalyas.’ “Mga kapatid kong mula sa lahi ni Abraham, at mga taong may takot sa Diyos, tayo ang pinadalhan ng balitang ito tungkol sa kaligtasan.”

      Delete
    3. Ebanghelyo (Lucas 1: 57–66 at 80)
      Ang magandang balita ayon kay San Lucas.
      Dumating ang oras ng panganganak ni Elizabeth at nagsilang siya ng isang sanggol na lalaki. Nang mabalitaan ng kanyang mga kapitbahay at mga kamag-anak na siya'y labis na pinagpala ng Panginoon, nakigalak sila sa kanya. Makalipas ang isang linggo, dumalo sila sa pagtutuli ng sanggol. Zacarias sana ang itatawag nila sa bata, gaya ng pangalan ng kanyang ama, ngunit sinabi ni Elizabeth, “Hindi! Juan ang ipapangalan sa kanya.” “Subalit wala naman kayong kamag-anak na may ganyang pangalan,” tugon nila. Sinenyasan nila ang kanyang ama upang itanong kung ano ang ibig nitong itawag sa sanggol. Humingi si Zacarias ng masusulatan at ganito ang kanyang isinulat, “Juan ang pangalan niya.” Namangha ang lahat. Noon din ay nakapagsalita si Zacarias, at siya'y nagpuri sa Diyos. Natakot ang lahat ng tagaroon, at naging usap-usapan sa buong bulubundukin ng Judea ang mga bagay na iyon. Pinag-isipan ito ng mga nakabalita, anupa't naging tanong nilang lahat, “Magiging ano kaya ang batang ito?” Sapagkat nasa kanya ang kapangyarihan ng Panginoon. Lumaki ang bata at naging malakas ang kanyang espiritu. Siya'y nanirahan sa ilang, hanggang sa araw na nakilala siya ng bansang Israel.

      Delete
    4. Bacaan pertama (Yesaya 49: 1–6)
      Pembacaan dari kitab nabi Yesaya.
      Dengarkanlah aku, hai pulau-pulau, perhatikanlah, hai bangsa-bangsa yang jauh! TUHAN telah memanggil aku sejak dari kandungan telah menyebut namaku sejak dari perut ibuku. Ia telah membuat mulutku sebagai pedang yang tajam dan membuat aku berlindung dalam naungan tangan-Nya. Ia telah membuat aku menjadi anak panah yang runcing dan menyembunyikan aku dalam tabung panah-Nya. Ia berfirman kepadaku: "Engkau adalah hamba-Ku, Israel, dan olehmu Aku akan menyatakan keagungan-Ku." Tetapi aku berkata: "Aku telah bersusah-susah dengan percuma, dan telah menghabiskan kekuatanku dengan sia-sia dan tak berguna; namun, hakku terjamin pada TUHAN dan upahku pada Allahku." Maka sekarang firman TUHAN, yang membentuk aku sejak dari kandungan untuk menjadi hamba-Nya, untuk mengembalikan Yakub kepada-Nya, dan supaya Israel dikumpulkan kepada-Nya — maka aku dipermuliakan di mata TUHAN, dan Allahku menjadi kekuatanku —, firman-Nya: "Terlalu sedikit bagimu hanya untuk menjadi hamba-Ku, untuk menegakkan suku-suku Yakub dan untuk mengembalikan orang-orang Israel yang masih terpelihara. Tetapi Aku akan membuat engkau menjadi terang bagi bangsa-bangsa supaya keselamatan yang dari pada-Ku sampai ke ujung bumi."

      Mazmur (Mazmur 139) (Ayat 1B–3 dan 13–15)
      Tanggapan adalah: Aku bersyukur kepada-Mu oleh karena kejadianku dahsyat dan ajaib.
      • TUHAN, Engkau menyelidiki dan mengenal aku; Engkau mengetahui, kalau aku duduk atau berdiri, Engkau mengerti pikiranku dari jauh. Engkau memeriksa aku, kalau aku berjalan dan berbaring, segala jalanku Kaumaklumi.
      • Sebab Engkaulah yang membentuk buah pinggangku, menenun aku dalam kandungan ibuku. Aku bersyukur kepada-Mu oleh karena kejadianku dahsyat dan ajaib.
      • Ajaib apa yang Kaubuat, dan jiwaku benar-benar menyadarinya. Tulang-tulangku tidak terlindung bagi-Mu, ketika aku dijadikan di tempat yang tersembunyi, dan aku direkam di bagian-bagian bumi yang paling bawah.

      Bacaan kedua (Kisah para Rasul 13: 22–26)
      Pembacaan dari Kisah para Rasul.
      Setelah Saul disingkirkan, Allah mengangkat Daud menjadi raja mereka. Tentang Daud Allah telah menyatakan: Aku telah mendapat Daud bin Isai, seorang yang berkenan di hati-Ku dan yang melakukan segala kehendak-Ku. Dan dari keturunannyalah, sesuai dengan yang telah dijanjikan-Nya, Allah telah membangkitkan Juruselamat bagi orang Israel, yaitu Yesus. Menjelang kedatangan-Nya Yohanes telah menyerukan kepada seluruh bangsa Israel supaya mereka bertobat dan memberi diri dibaptis. Dan ketika Yohanes hampir selesai menunaikan tugasnya, ia berkata: Aku bukanlah Dia yang kamu sangka, tetapi Ia akan datang kemudian dari padaku. Membuka kasut dari kaki-Nya pun aku tidak layak. Hai saudara-saudaraku, baik yang termasuk keturunan Abraham, maupun yang takut akan Allah, kabar keselamatan itu sudah disampaikan kepada kita.

      Delete
    5. Bacaan Injil (Lukas 1: 57–66 dan 80)
      Pembacaan dari Injil suci menurut Santo Luka.
      Kemudian genaplah bulannya bagi Elisabet untuk bersalin dan ia pun melahirkan seorang anak laki-laki. Ketika tetangga-tetangganya serta sanak saudaranya mendengar, bahwa Tuhan telah menunjukkan rahmat-Nya yang begitu besar kepadanya, bersukacitalah mereka bersama-sama dengan dia. Maka datanglah mereka pada hari yang kedelapan untuk menyunatkan anak itu dan mereka hendak menamai dia Zakharia menurut nama bapanya, tetapi ibunya berkata: "Jangan, ia harus dinamai Yohanes." Kata mereka kepadanya: "Tidak ada di antara sanak saudaramu yang bernama demikian." Lalu mereka memberi isyarat kepada bapanya untuk bertanya nama apa yang hendak diberikannya kepada anaknya itu. Ia meminta batu tulis, lalu menuliskan kata-kata ini: "Namanya adalah Yohanes." Dan mereka pun heran semuanya. Dan seketika itu juga terbukalah mulutnya dan terlepaslah lidahnya, lalu ia berkata-kata dan memuji Allah. Maka ketakutanlah semua orang yang tinggal di sekitarnya, dan segala peristiwa itu menjadi buah tutur di seluruh pegunungan Yudea. Dan semua orang, yang mendengarnya, merenungkannya dan berkata: "Menjadi apakah anak ini nanti?" Sebab tangan Tuhan menyertai dia. Adapun anak itu bertambah besar dan makin kuat rohnya. Dan ia tinggal di padang gurun sampai kepada hari ia harus menampakkan diri kepada Israel.

      Delete
    6. 第一読み物(イザヤ書第49章:第1詩–第6詩)
      この読み物はイザヤ書です。
      遠い国々よ、私の言うことを聞きなさい。主は生まれる前から私を心に留め、母の胎内にいた時から私の名を呼びました。主は私のさばきのことばを、剣のように鋭くし、私を御手の中に隠しました。私は神の矢筒の中にある、研ぎすました矢のようです。主は私に告げました。「あなたはわたしのしもべ、神の力を授かった王子として、わたしの栄光を現す。」私は答えました。「しかし、私のこれまでの仕事はみな失敗に終わりました。力を使い果たしましたが、何の手ごたえもありません。どうぞ、お心のままに報いてください。」ところが、神の民イスラエルを回復させる使者として、私を母の胎内で形づくり、この仕事を成し遂げる力を与えた主は、なお語ります。「あなたはイスラエルをわたしに立ち返らせるにとどまらず、国々の光となって、諸国にまでわたしの救いをもたらす。」

      第二読み物(使徒の働き第13章:第22詩–第26詩)
      この読み物は使徒の働きです。
      しかし、そのサウロも神に退けられ、代わりにダビデが王になりました。このダビデのことを神様は、『エッサイの息子ダビデこそ、わたしの心にかなう者、わたしの意思に完全に従う者だ』と言われました。このダビデ王の子孫から、約束どおり、イスラエルの救い主イエスを起こしてくださったのです。この方がおいでになる前にバプテスマのヨハネが、イスラエルの全国民が罪を捨て、神に立ち返らなければならないと教えました。そのヨハネが、働きを終える時、こう言ったのです。『あなたがたは、私をだれだと思っているのか。私はメシヤ(救い主)ではない。ほんとうのメシヤはまもなくおいでになる。この方に比べれば、私など全く取るに足りない者だ。』アブラハムの子孫の方々、ならびに、神を敬う外国人の皆さん。この救いは、私たちみんなのものです。

      福音書(ルカ第1章:第57詩:第66詩と第80詩)
      この読み物はルカの福音書です。
      さて、エリサベツの待ちに待った日が来て、男の子が生まれました。このニュースはたちまち近所の人たちや親類の間に伝わり、人々は、神がエリサベツを心にかけてくださったことを心から喜び合いました。子どもが生まれて八日目に、友人や親類が集まりました。その子に割礼(男子の性器の包皮を切り取る儀式)を行うためです。だれもが、子どもの名前は父親の名を継いで、「ザカリヤ」になるものとばかり思っていました。ところがエリサベツは、「いいえ、この子にはヨハネという名をつけます」と言うのです。「親族にそのような名前の者は一人もいないのに。」人々は、父親のザカリヤに身ぶりで尋ねました。ザカリヤは、書くものがほしいと合図し、それに「この子の名はヨハネ」と書いたので、みんなはびっくりしました。すると、とたんにザカリヤの口が開き、話せるようになったのです。彼は神を賛美し始めました。これには近所の人たちも驚き、このニュースはユダヤの山地一帯に広まりました。人々はその出来事を心にとめ、「この子はいったい、将来どんな人物になるのだろう。確かにこの子には、主の守りと助けがある」とうわさしました。ヨハネは成長し、心から神を愛する者となり、イスラエルの人々の前で公に語り始めるまで、たった一人、荒野に住んでいました。

      Delete
    7. 第一読み物(イザヤ書第49章:第1詩–第6詩)
      この読み物はイザヤ書です。
      島々よ、わたしに聞け遠い国々よ、耳を傾けよ。主は母の胎にあるわたしを呼び母の腹にあるわたしの名を呼ばれた。わたしの口を鋭い剣として御手の陰に置きわたしを尖らせた矢として矢筒の中に隠してわたしに言われたあなたはわたしの僕、イスラエルあなたによってわたしの輝きは現れる、と。わたしは思ったわたしはいたずらに骨折りうつろに、空しく、力を使い果たした、と。しかし、わたしを裁いてくださるのは主であり働きに報いてくださるのもわたしの神である。主の御目にわたしは重んじられている。わたしの神こそ、わたしの力。今や、主は言われる。ヤコブを御もとに立ち帰らせイスラエルを集めるために母の胎にあったわたしを御自分の僕として形づくられた主はこう言われる。わたしはあなたを僕としてヤコブの諸部族を立ち上がらせイスラエルの残りの者を連れ帰らせる。だがそれにもましてわたしはあなたを国々の光としわたしの救いを地の果てまで、もたらす者とする。

      第二読み物(使徒言行録第13章:第22詩–第26詩)
      この読み物は使徒言行録きです。
      それからまた、サウルを退けてダビデを王の位につけ、彼について次のように宣言なさいました。『わたしは、エッサイの子でわたしの心に適う者、ダビデを見いだした。彼はわたしの思うところをすべて行う。』神は約束に従って、このダビデの子孫からイスラエルに救い主イエスを送ってくださったのです。ヨハネは、イエスがおいでになる前に、イスラエルの民全体に悔い改めの洗礼を宣べ伝えました。その生涯を終えようとするとき、ヨハネはこう言いました。『わたしを何者だと思っているのか。わたしは、あなたたちが期待しているような者ではない。その方はわたしの後から来られるが、わたしはその足の履物をお脱がせする値打ちもない。』兄弟たち、アブラハムの子孫の方々、ならびにあなたがたの中にいて神を畏れる人たち、この救いの言葉はわたしたちに送られました。

      福音書(ルカ第1章:第57詩:第66詩と第80詩)
      この読み物はルカによる福音書です。
      さて、月が満ちて、エリサベトは男の子を産んだ。近所の人々や親類は、主がエリサベトを大いに慈しまれたと聞いて喜び合った。八日目に、その子に割礼を施すために来た人々は、父の名を取ってザカリアと名付けようとした。ところが、母は、「いいえ、名はヨハネとしなければなりません」と言った。しかし人々は、「あなたの親類には、そういう名の付いた人はだれもいない」と言い、父親に、「この子に何と名を付けたいか」と手振りで尋ねた。父親は字を書く板を出させて、「この子の名はヨハネ」と書いたので、人々は皆驚いた。すると、たちまちザカリアは口が開き、舌がほどけ、神を賛美し始めた。近所の人々は皆恐れを感じた。そして、このことすべてが、ユダヤの山里中で話題になった。聞いた人々は皆これを心に留め、「いったい、この子はどんな人になるのだろうか」と言った。この子には主の力が及んでいたのである。幼子は身も心も健やかに育ち、イスラエルの人々の前に現れるまで荒れ野にいた。

      Delete
  6. Responsorial Psalm (Psalm 139) (Verses 1b–3 and 13–15)
    The response is: I praise you, for I am wonderfully made.

    O LORD, you have probed me, you know me: you know when I sit and when I stand; you understand my thoughts from afar. My journeys and my rest you scrutinize, with all my ways you are familiar.

    Truly you have formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother’s womb. I give you thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made; wonderful are your works.

    My soul also you knew full well; nor was my frame unknown to you. When I was made in secret, when I was fashioned in the depths of the earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This responsorial psalm is taken from the New American Bible.

      Delete
    2. This responsorial psalm is recited during the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist.

      Delete
  7. Alleluia, alleluia.
    You, child, will be called prophet of the Most High, for you will go before the Lord to prepare his way.
    Alleluia, alleluia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This gospel acclamation (Alleluia) is recited during the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist.

      Delete

English: Do you have any comments or questions on this reading? Add your comment or question here.
Español: ¿Tienes cualquier comentarios o preguntas en esta lectura? Añade tu comentario o pregunta aquí.
Bahasa Indonesia: Ada komentar atau pertanyaan untuk bacaan ini? Mengatakan komentar Anda atau pertanyaan disini.
日本語:この読み物にコメントや質問がありますか?コメントや質問、書いて下さい。