Saturday, February 2, 2019

4th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Date: February 3, 2019

New American Bible readings
First reading (Jeremiah 1: 4–5 and 17–19)
A reading from the book of the prophet Jeremiah.
The word of the LORD came to me, saying: Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I dedicated you, a prophet to the nations I appointed you. But do you gird your loins; stand up and tell them all that I command you. Be not crushed on their account, as though I would leave you crushed before them; for it is I this day who have made you a fortified city, a pillar of iron, a wall of brass, against the whole land: against Judah's kings and princes, against its priests and people. They will fight against you but not prevail over you, for I am with you to deliver you, says the LORD.

Second reading (1 Corinthians 12:31 – 13:13)
A reading from the first letter of Saint Paul to the Corinthians.
Brothers and sisters: Strive eagerly for the greatest spiritual gifts. But I shall show you a still more excellent way. If I speak in human and angelic tongues, but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy, and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, it is not pompous, It is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing. For we know partially and we prophesy partially, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things. At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known. So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Gospel (Luke 4: 21–30)
A reading from the holy Gospel according to Luke.
Jesus began speaking in the synagogue, saying: "Today this Scripture passage is fulfilled in your hearing." And all spoke highly of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his mouth. They also asked, "Isn't this the son of Joseph?" He said to them, "Surely you will quote me this proverb, 'Physician, cure yourself,' and say, 'Do here in your native place the things that we heard were done in Capernaum.'" And he said, "Amen, I say to you, no prophet is accepted in his own native place. Indeed, I tell you, there were many widows in Israel in the days of Elijah when the sky was closed for three and a half years and a severe famine spread over the entire land. It was to none of these that Elijah was sent, but only to a widow in Zarephath in the land of Sidon. Again, there were many lepers in Israel during the time of Elisha the prophet; yet not one of them was cleansed, but only Naaman the Syrian." When the people in the synagogue heard this, they were all filled with fury. They rose up, drove him out of the town, and led him to the brow of the hill on which their town had been built, to hurl him down headlong. But Jesus passed through the midst of them and went away.

Catholic Pastoral Edition Bible readings
First reading (Jeremiah 1: 4–5 and 17–19)
A reading from the book of the prophet Jeremiah.
The word of the Lord came to me, "Even before I formed you in the womb I have known you; even before you were born I had set you apart, and appointed you a prophet to the nations! But you, get ready for action; stand up and say to them all that I command you. Be not scared of them or I will scare you in their presence! See, I will make you a fortified city, a pillar of iron with walls of bronze, against all the nations, against the kings and princes of Judah, against the priests and the people of the land. They will fight against you but shall not overcome you, for I am with you to rescue you — it is the Lord who speaks."

Second reading (1 Corinthians 12:31 – 13:13)
A reading from the letter of Saint Paul to the Corinthians.
Brothers and sisters: Be that as it may, set your hearts on the most precious gifts, and I will show you a much better way. If I could speak all the human and angelic tongues, but had no love, I would only be sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. If I had prophecy, knowing secret things with all kinds of knowledge, and had faith great enough to remove mountains, but had no love, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I had to the poor, and even gave up my own body, but only to receive praise and not through love, it would be of no value to me; I acquire nothing. Love is patient, kind, without envy. It is not boastful or arrogant. It is not ill-mannered nor does it seek its own interest. Love overcomes anger and forgets offenses. It does not take delight in wrong, but rejoices in truth. Love excuses everything, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love will never end. Prophecies may cease, tongues be silent and knowledge disappear. For knowledge grasps something of the truth and prophecy as well. And when what is perfect comes, everything imperfect will pass away. When I was a child, I thought and reasoned like a child, but when I grew up, I gave up childish ways. Likewise, at present, we see dimly as in a faulty mirror, but then it shall be face to face. Now we know in part, but then I will know as I am known. Now we have faith, hope, and love, these three, but the greatest of these is love.

Gospel (Luke: 4: 21–30)
A reading from the holy Gospel according to Luke.
Jesus stated to the people in the synagogue, "Today, these prophetic words come true even as you listen." All agreed with him and were lost in wonder, while he kept on speak of the grace of God. Nevertheless, they asked, "Who is this but Joseph's son?" So, Jesus stated, "Doubtless you will quote me the saying: 'Doctor, heal yourself! Do here in your town what they say you did in Capernaum.'" Jesus added, "No prophet is honored in his own country. Truly, I say to you, there were many widows in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heavens withheld rain for three years and six months and a great famine came over the whole land. Yet Elijah was not sent to any of them, but to a widow of Zarephath, in the country of Sidon. There were also many lepers in Israel in the time of Elisha, the prophet, and no one was healed except Naaman, the Syrian." On hearing these words, the whole assembly became indignant. They rose up and brought him out of the town, to the edge of the hill on which Nazareth is built, intending to throw him down the cliff. However, Jesus passed through their midst and went his way.

13 comments:

  1. Responsorial Psalm (Psalm 71) (Verses 1–6 and 15–17)
    The response is: I will sing of your salvation.

    In you, O LORD, I take refuge; let me never be put to shame. In your justice rescue me, and deliver me; incline your ear to me, and save me.

    Be my rock of refuge, a stronghold to give me safety, for you are my rock and my fortress. O my God, rescue me from the hand of the wicked.

    For you are my hope, O Lord; my trust, O God, from my youth. On you I depend from birth; from my mother's womb you are my strength.

    My mouth shall declare your justice, day by day your salvation. O God, you have taught me from my youth, and till the present I proclaim your wondrous deeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Responsorial Psalm (Psalm 71) (Verses 1–6, 8, and 17)
    The response is: I will sing of your salvation.

    In you, O Lord, I seek refuge; let me not be disgraced. In your justice help me and deliver me, turn your ear to me, and save me!

    Be my rock of refuge, a stronghold to give me safety, for you are my rock and my fortress. Rescue me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of cruel and violent people.

    For you, O Lord, have been my hope, my trust, O God, from my youth. I have relied on you from birth: from my mother's womb you brought me forth. My praise is of you continually.

    My mouth is filled with your praise, announcing your glory day by day. You have taught me from my youth and until now, I proclaim your marvels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This responsorial psalm is taken from the Catholic Pastoral Edition Bible.

      Delete
  3. Alleluia, alleluia.
    The Lord sent me to bring glad tidings to the poor, to proclaim liberty to captives.
    Alleluia, alleluia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Primera lectura (Jeremías 1: 4–5 y 17–19)
    Una lectura del libro del profeta Jeremías.
    Me llegó una palabra de Yahvé: “Antes de formarte en el seno de tu madre, ya te conocía; antes de que tú nacieras, yo te consagré, y te destiné a ser profeta de las naciones. Tú, ahora, muévete y anda a decirles todo lo que yo te mande. No temas enfrentarlos, porque yo también podría asustarte delante de ellos. Este día hago de ti una fortaleza, un pilar de hierro y una muralla de bronce frente a la nación entera: frente a los reyes de Judá y a sus ministros, frente a los sacerdotes y a los propietarios. Ellos te declararán la guerra, pero no podrán vencerte, pues yo estoy contigo para ampararte, palabra de Yahvé.”

    Salmo responsorial (Salmo 71) (Versículos 1–6, 8 y 17)
    La respuesta es: Cantaré de tu salvación.
    • Yo me refugio en ti, Señor, ¡que nunca tenga que avergonzarme! Por tu justicia, líbrame y rescátame, inclina tu oído hacia mí, y sálvame.
    • Sé para mí una roca protectora, tú que decidiste venir siempre en mi ayuda, porque tú eres mi Roca y mi fortaleza. ¡Líbrame, Dios mío, de las manos del impío, de las garras del malvado y del violento!
    • Porque tú, Señor, eres mi esperanza y mi seguridad desde mi juventud. En ti me apoyé desde las entrañas de mi madre; desde el seno materno fuiste mi protector, y mi alabanza está siempre ante ti.
    • Mi boca proclama tu alabanza y anuncia tu gloria todo el día. Dios mío, tú me enseñaste desde mi juventud, y hasta hoy he narrado tus maravillas.

    Segunda lectura (1 Corintios 12:31 – 13:13)
    Una lectura de la primera carta de San Pablo a los Corintios.
    Ustedes, por su parte, aspiren a los dones más perfectos. Y ahora voy a mostrarles un camino más perfecto todavía. Aunque yo hablara todas las lenguas de los hombres y de los ángeles, si no tengo amor, soy como una campana que resuena o un platillo que retiñe. Aunque tuviera el don de la profecía y conociera todos los misterios y toda la ciencia, aunque tuviera toda la fe, una fe capaz de trasladar montañas, si no tengo amor, no soy nada. Aunque repartiera todos mis bienes para alimentar a los pobres y entregara mi cuerpo a las llamas, si no tengo amor, no me sirve para nada. El amor es paciente, es servicial; el amor no es envidioso, no hace alarde, no se envanece, no procede con bajeza, no busca su propio interés, no se irrita, no tienen en cuenta el mal recibido, no se alegra de la injusticia, sino que se regocija con la verdad. El amor todo lo disculpa, todo lo cree, todo lo espera, todo lo soporta. El amor no pasará jamás. Las profecías acabarán, el don de lenguas terminará, la ciencia desaparecerá; porque nuestra ciencia es imperfecta y nuestras profecías, limitadas. Cuando llegue lo que es perfecto, cesará lo que es imperfecto. Mientras yo era niño, hablaba como un niño, sentía como un niño, razonaba como un niño, pero cuando me hice hombre, dejé a un lado las cosas de niño. Ahora vemos como en un espejo, confusamente; después veremos cara a cara. Ahora conozco todo imperfectamente; después conoceré como Dios me conoce a mí. En una palabra, ahora existen tres cosas: la fe, la esperanza y el amor, pero la más grande todas es el amor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evangelio (Lucas 4: 21–30)
      Una lectura del Evangelio Santo según el San Lucas.
      Entonces comenzó a decirles: “Hoy se ha cumplido este pasaje de la Escritura que acaban de oír”. Todos daban testimonio a favor de él y estaban llenos de admiración por las palabras de gracia que salían de su boca. Y decían: “¿No es este el hijo de José?”. Pero él les respondió: “Sin duda ustedes me citarán el refrán: "Médico, cúrate a ti mismo". Realiza también aquí, en tu patria, todo lo que hemos oído que sucedió en Cafarnaúm”. Después agregó: “Les aseguro que ningún profeta es bien recibido en su tierra. Yo les aseguro que había muchas viudas en Israel en el tiempo de Elías, cuando durante tres años y seis meses no hubo lluvia del cielo y el hambre azotó a todo el país. Sin embargo, a ninguna de ellas fue enviado Elías, sino a una viuda de Sarepta, en el país de Sidón. También había muchos leprosos en Israel, en el tiempo del profeta Eliseo, pero ninguno de ellos fue curado, sino Naamán, el sirio”. Al oír estas palabras, todos los que estaban en la sinagoga se enfurecieron y, levantándose, lo empujaron fuera de la ciudad, hasta un lugar escarpado de la colina sobre la que se levantaba la ciudad, con intención de despeñarlo. Pero Jesús, pasando en medio de ellos, continuó su camino.

      Delete
  5. Unang pagbabasa (Jeremias 1: 4–5 at 14–19)
    Ang pagbabasa sa aklat ni propeta Jeremias.
    Sinabi sa akin ni Yahweh, “Bago ka pa ipinaglihi at ipanganak ay pinili na kita upang maging propeta para sa lahat ng bansa.” At sinabi niya sa akin, “Mararanasan ng lahat ng naninirahan sa lupaing ito ang isang pagkawasak na magmumula sa hilaga. Tatawagin ko ang lahat ng bansa sa hilaga. Darating silang lahat at ang kanilang mga hari'y maglalagay ng kani-kanilang trono sa harap ng pintuan ng Jerusalem, sa paligid ng mga pader nito, at sa ibang mga lunsod ng Juda. Paparusahan ko ang aking bayan dahil sa kanilang kasalanan; tumalikod sila sa akin. Naghandog sila at sumamba sa mga diyus-diyosang ginawa ng kanilang mga kamay. Humanda ka at magpakatatag; sabihin mo sa kanila ang lahat ng iuutos ko. Huwag kang matatakot sa kanila kundi'y hahayaan nga kitang matakot kung ikaw ay nasa kalagitnaan nila. Subalit pakinggan mo itong mabuti, Jeremias! Ang bawat isa sa buong Juda—kasama na ang mga hari, mga pinuno, mga pari, at ang buong bayan—ay kakalabanin ka. Ngunit hindi sila magtatagumpay. Magiging sintatag ka ng isang lunsod na ligtas sa anumang panganib, sintibay ng haliging bakal o pader na tanso. Hindi ka nila matatalo sapagkat iingatan kita. Akong si Yahweh ang nagsasabi nito.”

    Pangalawang pagbabasa (1 Corinto 12:31 – 13:13)
    Ang pagbabasa sa unang sulat ni Pablo sa mga taga-Corinto.
    Ngunit buong sikap ninyong hangarín ang mga kaloob na mas dakila. At ngayo'y ituturo ko sa inyo ang landas na pinakamabuti sa lahat. Makapagsalita man ako sa mga wika ng mga tao at ng mga anghel, kung wala naman akong pag-ibig, para lamang akong kampanang umaalingawngaw o pompiyang na maingay. Kung ako man ay may kakayahang magsalita ng mensahe mula sa Diyos at umunawa sa lahat ng hiwaga, kung nasa akin man ang lahat ng kaalaman at lahat ng pananampalataya, anupa't nakakapagpalipat ako ng mga bundok, ngunit wala naman akong pag-ibig, wala akong kabuluhan. At kung ipamigay ko man ang lahat ng aking mga ari-arian at ialay ang aking katawan upang sunugin, ngunit wala naman akong pag-ibig, wala rin akong mapapala! Ang pag-ibig ay matiyaga at magandang-loob, hindi maiinggitin, hindi mayabang ni mapagmataas man, hindi magaspang ang pag-uugali, hindi makasarili, hindi magagalitin, o mapagtanim ng sama ng loob sa kapwa. Hindi ito natutuwa sa masama, sa halip ay nagagalak sa katotohanan. Ang pag-ibig ay matiisin, mapagtiwala, puno ng pag-asa, at nagtitiyaga hanggang wakas. Matatapos ang kakayahang magsalita ng mensahe mula sa Diyos, titigil rin ang kakayahang magsalita sa iba't ibang mga wika, at lilipas ang kaalaman, ngunit ang pag-ibig ay walang katapusan. Hindi pa ganap ang ating kaalaman at hindi rin ganap ang kakayahan nating magsalita ng mensahe mula sa Diyos, ngunit pagdating ng ganap, maglalaho na ang di-ganap. Noong ako'y bata pa, ako'y nagsasalita, nag-iisip at nangangatuwirang tulad ng bata. Ngayong ako'y mayroon nang sapat na gulang, iniwanan ko na ang mga asal ng bata. Sa kasalukuyan ang ating nakikita ay tila malabong larawan sa salamin, subalit darating ang araw na ang lahat ay makikita natin nang harapan. Bahagya lamang ang nalalaman ko ngayon, ngunit darating ang araw na malulubos ang kaalamang ito, tulad ng lubos na pagkakilala niya sa akin. Samantala, nananatili ang tatlong ito: ang pananampalataya, pag-asa, at pag-ibig, ngunit ang pinakadakila sa mga ito ay ang pag-ibig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ebanghelyo (Lucas 4: 21–30)
      Ang magandang balita ayon kay San Lucas.
      At sinabi niya sa kanila, “Ang kasulatang ito na inyong narinig ay natupad ngayon.” Pinuri siya ng lahat, at humanga sila sa kanyang napakahusay na pananalita. “Hindi ba ito ang anak ni Jose?” tanong nila. Kaya't sinabi ni Jesus, “Tiyak na sasabihin ninyo sa akin ang kasabihang ito, ‘Manggagamot, gamutin mo muna ang iyong sarili!’ Marahil, sasabihin pa ninyo, ‘Gawin mo rin dito sa iyong sariling bayan ang mga nabalitaan naming ginawa mo sa Capernaum.’ Tandaan ninyo, walang propetang kinikilala sa kanyang sariling bayan. Ngunit sinasabi ko sa inyo, maraming biyuda sa Israel noong panahon ni Elias nang hindi umulan sa loob ng tatlo't kalahating taon at nagkaroon ng taggutom sa buong lupain. Subalit hindi pinapunta si Elias sa kaninuman sa kanila, kundi sa isang biyuda sa Sarepta, sa lupain ng Sidon. Sa dinami-dami ng mga may ketong sa Israel noong panahon ni Eliseo, wala ni isa mang pinagaling at nilinis maliban kay Naaman, na isang taga-Siria.” Nagalit ang lahat ng nasa sinagoga nang marinig ito. Nagsitayo sila at itinaboy siyang palabas papunta sa gilid ng bundok na kinatatayuan ng bayan upang ihulog siya sa bangin. Ngunit dumaan siya sa kalagitnaan nila at umalis.

      Delete
  6. 第一読み物(エレミヤ1章:4詩から5詩と14詩から19詩)
    この読み物はエレミヤ書です。
    主は私に、こう語りました。「わたしは、母の胎内に宿る前からおまえを知っていた。生まれる前から、わたしの聖なる者として取っておき、国々にわたしのことばを伝える者に任命していた。」「そのとおりだ。北からの恐怖が、全住民に降りかかる。わたしは北方の国々の軍隊に、エルサレムを攻めさせる。彼らは都の門と城壁沿いに、またユダのほかの町々に、それぞれの王座を作る。こうして、わたしの民に罰を加える。わたしを捨て、自分の手で作った神々を拝んだからだ。さあ、身じたくを整えて出かけなさい。わたしが伝えることをすべて語るのだ。彼らを怖がるな。恐れるなら、彼らの目の前でおまえをもの笑いの種にする。わたしは今日、おまえを彼らにはたち打ちできない者とした。彼らはどうしても、おまえに危害を加えることができない。おまえは、難攻不落の町のようにがんじょうそのもので、鉄の柱、青銅の重い門のように強い。王たち、将校たち、祭司たちをはじめ、この国の民は、おまえと戦っても、とうてい勝ち目がない。攻撃をしかけても、途中であきらめる。わたしがおまえと共にいて、必ず救い出すからだ。」

    第二読み物(コリント第一12章:31詩から13章:13詩)
    この読み物はコリント第一手紙です。
    あなたがたは、これらの賜物よりもっと大切なものを、熱心に求めなさい。私は、これらの賜物よりもすぐれたものについて教えましょう。たとえ私に、異言で話す賜物があり、また、天と地のあらゆることばを話すことができても、愛がないならただの騒音にすぎません。同様に、預言(託された神のことばを語る)の賜物があり、あらゆることに通じていても、また山を動かすほどの強い信仰を持っていても、愛がないなら、何の価値もないのです。そして、自分の財産を全部、貧しい人たちに分け与えても、また福音を宣べ伝えるために火あぶりの刑を受けても、愛がなければ、何の価値もありません。愛は寛容であり、親切です。愛は決してねたみません。また、決して自慢せず、高慢になりません。決して思い上がらず、自分の利益を求めず、無礼なふるまいをしません。愛は自分のやり方を押し通そうとはしません。また、いら立たず、腹を立てません。人に恨みをいだかず、人から悪いことをされても気にとめません。決して不正を喜ばず、いつも真理を喜びます。愛は、どんな犠牲をはらっても誠実を尽くし、すべてを信じ、最善を期待し、すべてを耐え忍びます。神からいただいた賜物や能力は、いつかは尽きます。しかし、愛は永遠に続きます。預言すること、異言で語ること、知識などの賜物は、やがて消え去ります。たとえ特別な賜物が与えられていても、いま私たちの知っていること、預言することは、ほんの一部にすぎません。しかし、私たちが完全な存在とされる時、これら不完全な賜物は不要になり、消え去ってしまうのです。それは、こんなことから説明できるでしょう。子どもの時の私は子どものように話し、子どものように考え、子どものように判断していました。しかし、大人になると考え方も成長し、今では子どもっぽいこととは縁を切りました。同様に、今の私たちの神に対する知識や理解は、そまつな鏡にぼんやり映る姿のようなものです。しかし、やがていつかは、面と向かって神の完全な姿を見るのです。いま私が知っていることは、おぼろげで、ぼんやりしています。しかしその時には、いま神様が私の心を見通しておられるのと同じように、すべてがはっきりわかるでしょう。いつまでも残るものが三つあります。信仰と希望と愛です。その中で最もすぐれているものは愛です。

    福音書(ルカ4章:21詩から30詩)
    これはルカの福音書です。
    それにこたえるように、イエスはこう言われました。「この聖書のことばは、今日、実現したのです。」人々はみなイエスをほめ、そのことばのすばらしさに驚きました。しかし一方では、「いったいどうなっているのだ。ただのヨセフのせがれではないか」とささやき合いました。そこで、イエスは言われました。「きっとあなたがたは、『医者よ、自分を治せ』ということわざを引いて、『カペナウムで行った奇跡を、自分の郷里でもしてくれ』と言うのでしょう。はっきり言いましょう。どんな預言者でも、故郷では歓迎されないものです。エリヤはどうだったでしょうか。三年半のあいだ雨がなく、国中が大ききんに見舞われた時、イスラエルには助けを求める未亡人が多くいました。しかしエリヤは、そういう人たちのところへではなく、シドンのツァレファテに住む外国人の未亡人のところへ遣わされ、奇跡によって彼女を助けました。また、預言者エリシャの場合はどうだったでしょうか。ユダヤにもツァラアト(皮膚が冒され、汚れているとされた当時の疾患)の人がたくさんいたというのに、そのだれもがいやされず、ただシリヤ人ナアマンだけがいやされたではありませんか。」こう言われて、会堂にいた人たちはひどく腹を立て、どっとイエスに襲いかかり、その町の丘のがけっぷちまで連れて行きました。そこから突き落とすつもりだったのです。ところがイエスは、群衆の間をすり抜け、去って行かれました。

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bacaan pertama (Yeremia 1: 4–5 dan 14–19)
    Pembacaan dari kitab Yeremia.
    Firman TUHAN datang kepadaku, bunyinya: "Sebelum Aku membentuk engkau dalam rahim ibumu, Aku telah mengenal engkau, dan sebelum engkau keluar dari kandungan, Aku telah menguduskan engkau, Aku telah menetapkan engkau menjadi nabi bagi bangsa-bangsa." Lalu firman TUHAN kepadaku: "Dari utara akan mengamuk malapetaka menimpa segala penduduk negeri ini. Sebab sesungguhnya, Aku memanggil segala kaum kerajaan sebelah utara, demikianlah firman TUHAN, dan mereka akan datang dan mendirikan takhtanya masing-masing di mulut pintu-pintu gerbang Yerusalem, dekat segala tembok di sekelilingnya dan dekat segala kota Yehuda. Maka Aku akan menjatuhkan hukuman-Ku atas mereka, karena segala kejahatan mereka, sebab mereka telah meninggalkan Aku, dengan membakar korban kepada Allah lain dan sujud menyembah kepada buatan tangannya sendiri. Tetapi engkau ini, baiklah engkau bersiap, bangkitlah dan sampaikanlah kepada mereka segala yang Kuperintahkan kepadamu. Janganlah gentar terhadap mereka, supaya jangan Aku menggentarkan engkau di depan mereka! Mengenai Aku, sesungguhnya pada hari ini Aku membuat engkau menjadi kota yang berkubu, menjadi tiang besi dan menjadi tembok tembaga melawan seluruh negeri ini, menentang raja-raja Yehuda dan pemuka-pemukanya, menentang para imamnya dan rakyat negeri ini. Mereka akan memerangi engkau, tetapi tidak akan mengalahkan engkau, sebab Aku menyertai engkau untuk melepaskan engkau, demikianlah firman TUHAN."

    Bacaan kedua (1 Korintus 12:31 – 13:13)
    Pembacaan dari surat Paulus kepada jemaat di Korintus.
    Jadi berusahalah untuk memperoleh karunia-karunia yang paling utama. Dan aku menunjukkan kepadamu jalan yang lebih utama lagi. Sekalipun aku dapat berkata-kata dengan semua bahasa manusia dan bahasa malaikat, tetapi jika aku tidak mempunyai kasih, aku sama dengan gong yang berkumandang dan canang yang gemerencing. Sekalipun aku mempunyai karunia untuk bernubuat dan aku mengetahui segala rahasia dan memiliki seluruh pengetahuan; dan sekalipun aku memiliki iman yang sempurna untuk memindahkan gunung, tetapi jika aku tidak mempunyai kasih, aku sama sekali tidak berguna. Dan sekalipun aku membagi-bagikan segala sesuatu yang ada padaku, bahkan menyerahkan tubuhku untuk dibakar, tetapi jika aku tidak mempunyai kasih, sedikit pun tidak ada faedahnya bagiku. Kasih itu sabar; kasih itu murah hati; ia tidak cemburu. Ia tidak memegahkan diri dan tidak sombong. Ia tidak melakukan yang tidak sopan dan tidak mencari keuntungan diri sendiri. Ia tidak pemarah dan tidak menyimpan kesalahan orang lain. Ia tidak bersukacita karena ketidakadilan, tetapi karena kebenaran. Ia menutupi segala sesuatu, percaya segala sesuatu, mengharapkan segala sesuatu, sabar menanggung segala sesuatu. Kasih tidak berkesudahan; nubuat akan berakhir; bahasa roh akan berhenti; pengetahuan akan lenyap. Sebab pengetahuan kita tidak lengkap dan nubuat kita tidak sempurna. Tetapi jika yang sempurna tiba, maka yang tidak sempurna itu akan lenyap. Ketika aku kanak-kanak, aku berkata-kata seperti kanak-kanak, aku merasa seperti kanak-kanak, aku berpikir seperti kanak-kanak. Sekarang sesudah aku menjadi dewasa, aku meninggalkan sifat kanak-kanak itu. Karena sekarang kita melihat dalam cermin suatu gambaran yang samar-samar, tetapi nanti kita akan melihat muka dengan muka. Sekarang aku hanya mengenal dengan tidak sempurna, tetapi nanti aku akan mengenal dengan sempurna, seperti aku sendiri dikenal. Demikianlah tinggal ketiga hal ini, yaitu iman, pengharapan dan kasih, dan yang paling besar di antaranya ialah kasih.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bacaan Injil (Lukas 4: 21–30)
      Pembacaan dari Injil suci menurut Santo Lukas.
      Lalu Ia memulai mengajar mereka, kata-Nya: "Pada hari ini genaplah nas ini sewaktu kamu mendengarnya." Dan semua orang itu membenarkan Dia dan mereka heran akan kata-kata yang indah yang diucapkan-Nya, lalu kata mereka: "Bukankah Ia ini anak Yusuf?" Maka berkatalah Ia kepada mereka: "Tentu kamu akan mengatakan pepatah ini kepada-Ku: Hai tabib, sembuhkanlah diri-Mu sendiri. Perbuatlah di sini juga, di tempat asal-Mu ini, segala yang kami dengar yang telah terjadi di Kapernaum!" Dan kata-Nya lagi: "Aku berkata kepadamu, sesungguhnya tidak ada nabi yang dihargai di tempat asalnya. Dan Aku berkata kepadamu, dan kata-Ku ini benar: Pada zaman Elia terdapat banyak perempuan janda di Israel ketika langit tertutup selama tiga tahun dan enam bulan dan ketika bahaya kelaparan yang hebat menimpa seluruh negeri. Tetapi Elia diutus bukan kepada salah seorang dari mereka, melainkan kepada seorang perempuan janda di Sarfat, di tanah Sidon. Dan pada zaman nabi Elisa banyak orang kusta di Israel dan tidak ada seorang pun dari mereka yang ditahirkan, selain dari pada Naaman, orang Siria itu." Mendengar itu sangat marahlah semua orang yang di rumah ibadat itu. Mereka bangun, lalu menghalau Yesus ke luar kota dan membawa Dia ke tebing gunung, tempat kota itu terletak, untuk melemparkan Dia dari tebing itu. Tetapi Ia berjalan lewat dari tengah-tengah mereka, lalu pergi.

      Delete

English: Do you have any comments or questions on this reading? Add your comment or question here.
Español: ¿Tienes cualquier comentarios o preguntas en esta lectura? Añade tu comentario o pregunta aquí.
Bahasa Indonesia: Ada komentar atau pertanyaan untuk bacaan ini? Mengatakan komentar Anda atau pertanyaan disini.
日本語:この読み物にコメントや質問がありますか?コメントや質問、書いて下さい。