Saturday, September 14, 2019

24th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Date: September 15, 2019

New American Bible readings
First reading (Exodus 32: 7–11 and 13–14)
A reading from the book of Exodus.
The LORD said to Moses, "Go down at once to your people, whom you brought out of the land of Egypt, for they have become depraved. They have soon turned aside from the way I pointed out to them, making for themselves a molten calf and worshiping it, sacrificing to it and crying out, 'This is your God, O Israel, who brought you out of the land of Egypt!' "I see how stiff-necked these people is, " continued the LORD to Moses. Let me alone, then, that my wrath may blaze up against them to consume them. Then I will make of you a great nation." But Moses implored the LORD, his God, saying, "Why, O LORD, should your wrath blaze up against your own people, whom you brought out of the land of Egypt with such great power and with so strong a hand? Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, and how you swore to them by your own self, saying, 'I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky; and all this land that I promised, I will give your descendants as their perpetual heritage.'" So the LORD relented in the punishment he had threatened to inflict on his people.

Second reading (1 Timothy 1: 12–17)
A reading from the first letter of Saint Paul to Timothy.
Beloved: I am grateful to him who has strengthened me, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he considered me trustworthy in appointing me to the ministry. I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and arrogant, but I have been mercifully treated because I acted out of ignorance in my unbelief. Indeed, the grace of our Lord has been abundant, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. This saying is trustworthy and deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Of these, I am the foremost. But for that reason, I was mercifully treated, so that in me, as the foremost, Christ Jesus might display all his patience as an example for those who would come to believe in him for everlasting life. To the king of ages, incorruptible, invisible, the only God, honor, and glory forever and ever.  Amen.

Gospel (Luke 15: 1–32)
A reading from the holy Gospel according to Luke.
Tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to listen to Jesus, but the Pharisees and scribes began to complain, saying, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.” So to them, he addressed this parable. “What man among you having a hundred sheep and losing one of them would not leave the ninety-nine in the desert and go after the lost one until he finds it? And when he does find it, he sets it on his shoulders with great joy and, upon his arrival home, he calls together his friends and neighbors and says to them, ‘Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance. “Or what woman having ten coins and losing one would not light a lamp and sweep the house, searching carefully until she finds it? And when she does find it, she calls together her friends and neighbors and says to them, ‘Rejoice with me because I have found the coin that I lost.’ In just the same way, I tell you, there will be rejoicing among the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” Then he said, “A man had two sons, and the younger son said to his father, ‘Father give me the share of your estate that should come to me.’ So the father divided the property between them. After a few days, the younger son collected all his belongings and set off to a distant country where he squandered his inheritance on a life of dissipation. When he had freely spent everything, a severe famine struck that country, and he found himself in dire need. So he hired himself out to one of the local citizens who sent him to his farm to tend the swine. And he longed to eat his fill of the pods on which the swine fed, but nobody gave him any. Coming to his senses he thought, ‘How many of my father’s hired workers have more than enough food to eat, but here am I, dying from hunger. I shall get up and go to my father and I shall say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I no longer deserve to be called your son; treat me as you would treat one of your hired workers.”’ So he got up and went back to his father. While he was still a long way off, his father caught sight of him, and was filled with compassion. He ran to his son, embraced him and kissed him. His son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you; I no longer deserve to be called your son.’ But his father ordered his servants, ‘Quickly bring the finest robe and put it on him; put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Take the fattened calf and slaughter it. Then let us celebrate with a feast, because this son of mine was dead, and has come to life again; he was lost, and has been found.’ Then the celebration began. Now the older son had been out in the field and, on his way back, as he neared the house, he heard the sound of music and dancing. He called one of the servants and asked what this might mean. The servant said to him, ‘Your brother has returned and your father has slaughtered the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’ He became angry, and when he refused to enter the house, his father came out and pleaded with him. He said to his father in reply, ‘Look, all these years I served you and not once did I disobey your orders; yet you never gave me even a young goat to feast on with my friends. But when your son returns, who swallowed up your property with prostitutes, for him you slaughter the fattened calf.’ He said to him, ‘My son, you are here with me always; everything I have is yours. But now we must celebrate and rejoice, because your brother was dead and has come to life again; he was lost and has been found.’”

Catholic Pastoral Edition Bible readings
First reading (Exodus 32: 7–11 and 13–14)
A reading from the book of Exodus.
Therefore the Lord stated to Moses, "Go down at once, for your people, whom you brought up from the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves. They have quickly turned from the way I commanded them and have made for themselves a molten calf; they have bowed down before it sacrificed to it and said: 'These are your gods, Israel, who brought you out of Egypt.'" The Lord additionally stated to Moses, "I see that these people are a stiff-necked people. Now just leave me that my anger may blaze against them. I will destroy them, but of you I will make a great nation." But Moses calmed the anger of the Lord, his God, and said, "Why, O Lord, should your anger burst against your people whom you're brought out of the land of Egypt with such great power and with a mighty hand? Remember your servants, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and the promise you yourself swore: I will multiply your descendants like the stars of heaven, and all this land I spoke about I will give to them as an everlasting inheritance." The Lord then changed his mind and would not harm his people.

Second reading (1 Timothy 1: 12–17)
A reading from the first letter of Saint Paul to Timothy.
I give thanks to Christ Jesus, our Lord, who is my strength, who has considered me trustworthy and appointed me to his service, although I had been a blasphemer, a persecutor, and a rabid enemy. However, he took mercy on me because I did not know what I was doing when I opposed the faith; and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, together with faith and Christian love. This saying is true and worthy of belief: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the first. Because of that, I was forgiven; Christ Jesus wanted to display his greatness in me so that I might be an example for all who are to believe and obtain eternal life. To the King of ages, the only God who lives beyond every perishable and visible creation – to him be honor and glory forever. Amen!

Gospel (Luke 15: 1–32)
A reading from the holy Gospel according to Luke.
Meanwhile, tax collectors and sinners were seeking the company of Jesus, all of them eager to hear what he had to say. But the Pharisees and the scribes frowned at this, muttering, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them." Therefore, Jesus told them this parable: "Who among you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, will not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and seek out the lost one till he finds it? And finding it, will he not joyfully carry it home on his shoulders? Then he will call his friends and neighbors together and say: 'Celebrate with me for I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you, just so, there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one repentant sinner than over ninety-nine upright who do not need to repent. What woman, if she has ten silver coins and loses one, will not light a lamp and sweep the house in a thorough search until she finds the lost coin? And finding it, she will call her friends and neighbors and say: 'Celebrate with me for I have found the silver coin I lost!' I tell you, in the same way, there is rejoicing among the angels of God over one repentant sinner." And then Jesus continued with this parable: "There was a man with two sons. The younger son said to his father: 'Give me my share of the estate.' So the father divided his property between them. Some days later, the younger son gathered all his belongings and started off for a distant land where he squandered his wealth in loose living. Having spent everything, he was hard pressed when a severe famine broke out in that land. So he hired himself out to a well-to-do citizen of that place and was sent to work on a pig farm. So famished was he that he longed to fill his stomach even with the food given to the pigs, but no one offered him anything. Finally coming to his senses, he said: 'How many of my father's hired workers have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! I will get up and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against God and before you. I no longer deserved to be called your son. Treat me then as one of your hired servants.' With that thought in mind, he set off for his father's house. He was still a long way off when his father caught sight of him. His father was so deeply moved with compassion that he ran out to meet him, threw his arms around his neck and kissed him. The son said: 'Father, I have sinned against Heaven and before you. I no longer deserve to be called your son…' But the father turned to his servants: 'Quick! Bring out the finest robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Take the fattened calf and kill it. We shall celebrate and have a feast, for this son of mine was dead and has come back to life. He was lost and is found.' And the celebration commenced. Meanwhile, the elder son had been working in the fields. As he returned and was near the house, he heard the sound of music and dancing. He called one of the servants and asked what it was all about. The servant answered: "Your brother has come home safe and sound, and your father is so happy about it that he has ordered this celebration and killed the fattened calf.' The elder son became angry and refused to go in. His father came out and pleaded with him. The indignant son said: 'Look, I have slaved for you all these years. Never have I disobeyed your orders. Yet you have never given me even a young goat to celebrate with my friends. Then when his son of yours returns after squandering your property with loose women, you kill the fattened calf for him.' The father said: 'My son, you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But this brother of yours was dead and has come back to life. He was lost and is found. And for that, we had to rejoice and be glad.'"

15 comments:

  1. Responsorial Psalm (Psalm 51) (Verses 3–4, 12–13, and 17–19)
    The response is: I will rise and go to my father.

    Have mercy on me, O God, in your goodness; in the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offense. Thoroughly wash me from my guilt and of my sin cleanse me.

    A clean heart create for me, O God, and a steadfast spirit renew within me. Cast me not out from your presence, and your Holy Spirit take not from me.

    O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall proclaim your praise. My sacrifice, O God, is a contrite spirit; a heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Responsorial Psalm (Psalm 51) (Verses 3–4, 12–13, and 17–19)
    The response is: I will rise and go to my Father.

    Have mercy on me, O God, in your love. In your great compassion blot out my sin. Wash me thoroughly of my guilt; cleanse me of evil.

    Create in me, O God, a pure heart; give me a new and steadfast spirit. Do not cast me out of your presence nor take your holy spirit from me.

    O Lord, open my lips, and I will declare your praise. You take no pleasure in sacrifice; were I to give a burst offering, you would not delight in it. O God, my sacrifice is a broken spirit; a contrite heart you will not despise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This responsorial psalm is taken from the Catholic Pastoral Edition Bible.

      Delete
  3. Alleluia, alleluia.
    God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
    Alleluia, alleluia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Primera lectura (Éxodo 7–11 y 13–14)
    Una lectura del libro del Éxodo.
    Entonces Yahvé dijo a Moisés en el cerro: “Vuelve y baja, porque tu pueblo ha pecado. Bien pronto se han apartado del camino que yo les había indicado. Se han hecho un ternero de metal fundido y se han postrado ante él. Le han ofrecido sacrificios y han dicho: Israel, aquí están tus dioses que te han sacado de Egipto.” Yahvé dijo también: “Ya veo que ese pueblo es un pueblo rebelde. Ahora, pues, deja que estalle mi furor contra ellos. Voy a exterminarlos, mientras que de ti yo haré nacer un gran pueblo.” Moisés suplicó a Yahvé, su Dios, con estas palabras: “Oh Yahvé, ¿cómo podrías enojarte con tu pueblo, después de todos los prodigios que hiciste para sacarlo de Egipto? Acuérdate de tus servidores Abrahán, Isaac y Jacob, y de las promesas que les hiciste. Pues juraste por tu propio Nombre: “Multiplicaré tu descendencia como las estrellas del cielo, y daré a tu raza la tierra que te prometí, para que sea de ellos para siempre.” Así, pues, Yahvé renunció a destruir a su pueblo, como lo había anunciado.

    Salmo responsorial (Salmo 51) (Versículos 3–4, 12–13, y 17–19)
    La respuesta es: Me levantaré e iré al Padre.
    • ¡Ten piedad de mí, oh Dios, por tu bondad, por tu gran compasión, borra mis faltas! ¡Lávame totalmente de mi culpa y purifícame de mi pecado!
    • Crea en mí, Dios mío, un corazón puro, y renueva la firmeza de mi espíritu. No me arrojes lejos de tu presencia ni retires de mí tu santo espíritu.
    • Abre mis labios, Señor, y mi boca proclamará tu alabanza. Los sacrificios no te satisfacen; si ofrezco un holocausto, no lo aceptas: mi sacrificio es un espíritu contrito, tú no desprecias el corazón contrito y humillado.

    Segunda lectura (1 Timoteo 1: 12–17)
    Una lectura de la primera carta de San Pablo a Timoteo.
    Doy gracias a nuestro Señor Jesucristo, porque me ha fortalecido y me ha considerado digno de confianza, llamándome a su servicio a pesar de mis blasfemias, persecuciones e insolencias anteriores. Pero fui tratado con misericordia, porque cuando no tenía fe, actuaba así por ignorancia. Y sobreabundó a mí la gracia de nuestro Señor, junto con la fe y el amor de Cristo Jesús. Es doctrina cierta y digna de fe que Jesucristo vino al mundo para salvar a los pecadores, y yo soy el peor de ellos. Si encontré misericordia, fue para que Jesucristo demostrara en mí toda su paciencia, poniéndome como ejemplo de los que van a creer en él para alcanzar la Vida eterna. ¡Al Rey eterno y universal, al Dios incorruptible, invisible y único, honor y gloria por los siglos de los siglos! Amén.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evangelio (Lucas 15: 1–32)
      Una lectura del Evangelio Santo según San Lucas.
      Todos los publicanos y pecadores se acercaban a Jesús para escucharlo. Los fariseos y los escribas murmuraban, diciendo: “Este hombre recibe a los pecadores y come con ellos.” Jesús les dijo entonces esta parábola: “Si alguien tiene cien ovejas y pierde una, ¿no deja acaso las noventa y nueve en el campo y va a buscar la que se había perdido, hasta encontrarla? Y cuando la encuentra, la carga sobre sus hombros, lleno de alegría, y al llegar a su casa llama a sus amigos y vecinos, y les dice: ‘Alégrense conmigo, porque encontré la oveja que se me había perdido.’ Les aseguro que, de la misma manera, habrá más alegría en el cielo por un solo pecador que se convierta, que por noventa y nueve justos que no necesitan convertirse.” Y les dijo también: ‘Si una mujer tiene diez dracmas y pierde una, ¿no enciende acaso la lámpara, barre la casa y busca con cuidado hasta encontrarla? Y cuando la encuentra, llama a sus amigas y vecinas, y les dice: ‘Alégrense conmigo, porque encontré la dracma que se me había perdido.’ Les aseguro que, de la misma manera, se alegran los ángeles de Dios por un solo pecador que se convierte.” Jesús dijo también: “Un hombre tenía dos hijos. El menor de ellos dijo a su padre: ‘Padre, dame la parte de herencia que me corresponde.’ Y el padre les repartió sus bienes. Pocos días después, el hijo menor recogió todo lo que tenía y se fue a un país lejano, donde malgastó sus bienes en una vida licenciosa. Después de haberlo gastado todo, sobrevino una fuerte hambre en aquella tierra y comenzó a sentir necesidad. Entonces se puso al servicio de uno de los habitantes de esa región, que lo envió a su campo para cuidar cerdos. Él hubiera deseado calmar su hambre con las bellotas que comían los cerdos, pero nadie se las daba. Entonces recapacitó y dijo: ‘¡Cuántos jornaleros de mi padre tienen pan en abundancia, y yo estoy aquí muriéndome de hambre!’ Ahora mismo iré a la casa de mi padre y le diré: ‘Padre, pequé contra el Cielo y contra ti; ya no merezco ser llamado hijo tuyo, trátame como a uno de tus jornaleros.’ Entonces partió y volvió a la casa de su padre. Cuando todavía estaba lejos, su padre lo vio y se conmovió profundamente, corrió a su encuentro, lo abrazó y lo besó. El joven le dijo: ‘Padre, pequé contra el Cielo y contra ti; no merezco ser llamado hijo tuyo.’ Pero el padre dijo a sus servidores: ‘Traigan enseguida la mejor ropa y vístanlo, pónganle un anillo en el dedo y sandalias en los pies. Traigan el ternero engordado y mátenlo. Comamos y festejemos, porque mi hijo estaba muerto y ha vuelto a la vida, estaba perdido y fue encontrado.’ Y comenzó la fiesta. El hijo mayor estaba en el campo. Al volver, ya cerca de la casa, oyó la música y los coros que acompañaban la danza. Y llamando a uno de los sirvientes, le preguntó que significaba eso. Él le respondió: ‘Tu hermano ha regresado, y tu padre hizo matar el ternero y engordado, porque lo ha recobrado sano y salvo.’ Él se enojó y no quiso entrar. Su padre salió para rogarle que entrara, pero él le respondió: ‘Hace tantos años que te sirvo sin haber desobedecido jamás ni una sola de tus órdenes, y nunca me diste un cabrito para hacer una fiesta con mis amigos. ¡Y ahora que ese hijo tuyo ha vuelto, después de haber gastado tus bienes con mujeres, haces matar para él el ternero engordado!’ Pero el padre le dijo: ‘Hijo mío, tú estás siempre conmigo, y todo lo mío es tuyo. Es justo que haya fiesta y alegría, porque tu hermano estaba muerto y ha vuelto a la vida, estaba perdido y ha sido encontrado.’”

      Delete
  5. Primera lectura (Éxodo 32: 7–11 y 13–14)
    Una lectura del libro del Éxodo.
    Entonces Yahvé dijo a Moisés en el cerro: “Vuelve y baja, porque tu pueblo ha pecado. Bien pronto se han apartado del camino que yo les había indicado. Se han hecho un ternero de metal fundido y se han postrado ante él. Le han ofrecido sacrificios y han dicho: Israel, aquí están tus dioses que te han sacado de Egipto.” Yahvé dijo también: “Ya veo que ese pueblo es un pueblo rebelde. Ahora, pues, deja que estalle mi furor contra ellos. Voy a exterminarlos, mientras que de ti yo haré nacer un gran pueblo.” Moisés suplicó a Yahvé, su Dios, con estas palabras: “Oh Yahvé, ¿cómo podrías enojarte con tu pueblo, después de todos los prodigios que hiciste para sacarlo de Egipto? Acuérdate de tus servidores Abrahán, Isaac y Jacob, y de las promesas que les hiciste. Pues juraste por tu propio Nombre: “Multiplicaré tu descendencia como las estrellas del cielo, y daré a tu raza la tierra que te prometí, para que sea de ellos para siempre.” Así, pues, Yahvé renunció a destruir a su pueblo, como lo había anunciado.

    Salmo responsorial (Salmo 51) (Versículos 3–4, 12–13, y 17–19)
    La respuesta es: Me levantaré e iré al Padre.
    • ¡Ten piedad de mí, oh Dios, por tu bondad, por tu gran compasión, borra mis faltas! ¡Lávame totalmente de mi culpa y purifícame de mi pecado!
    • Crea en mí, Dios mío, un corazón puro, y renueva la firmeza de mi espíritu. No me arrojes lejos de tu presencia ni retires de mí tu santo espíritu.
    • Abre mis labios, Señor, y mi boca proclamará tu alabanza. Los sacrificios no te satisfacen; si ofrezco un holocausto, no lo aceptas: mi sacrificio es un espíritu contrito, tú no desprecias el corazón contrito y humillado.

    Segunda lectura (1 Timoteo 1: 12–17)
    Una lectura de la primera carta de San Pablo a Timoteo.
    Doy gracias a nuestro Señor Jesucristo, porque me ha fortalecido y me ha considerado digno de confianza, llamándome a su servicio a pesar de mis blasfemias, persecuciones e insolencias anteriores. Pero fui tratado con misericordia, porque cuando no tenía fe, actuaba así por ignorancia. Y sobreabundó a mí la gracia de nuestro Señor, junto con la fe y el amor de Cristo Jesús. Es doctrina cierta y digna de fe que Jesucristo vino al mundo para salvar a los pecadores, y yo soy el peor de ellos. Si encontré misericordia, fue para que Jesucristo demostrara en mí toda su paciencia, poniéndome como ejemplo de los que van a creer en él para alcanzar la Vida eterna. ¡Al Rey eterno y universal, al Dios incorruptible, invisible y único, honor y gloria por los siglos de los siglos! Amén.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evangelio (Lucas 15: 1–32)
      Una lectura del Evangelio Santo según San Lucas.
      Todos los publicanos y pecadores se acercaban a Jesús para escucharlo. Los fariseos y los escribas murmuraban, diciendo: “Este hombre recibe a los pecadores y come con ellos.” Jesús les dijo entonces esta parábola: “Si alguien tiene cien ovejas y pierde una, ¿no deja acaso las noventa y nueve en el campo y va a buscar la que se había perdido, hasta encontrarla? Y cuando la encuentra, la carga sobre sus hombros, lleno de alegría, y al llegar a su casa llama a sus amigos y vecinos, y les dice: ‘Alégrense conmigo, porque encontré la oveja que se me había perdido.’ Les aseguro que, de la misma manera, habrá más alegría en el cielo por un solo pecador que se convierta, que por noventa y nueve justos que no necesitan convertirse.” Y les dijo también: ‘Si una mujer tiene diez dracmas y pierde una, ¿no enciende acaso la lámpara, barre la casa y busca con cuidado hasta encontrarla? Y cuando la encuentra, llama a sus amigas y vecinas, y les dice: ‘Alégrense conmigo, porque encontré la dracma que se me había perdido.’ Les aseguro que, de la misma manera, se alegran los ángeles de Dios por un solo pecador que se convierte.” Jesús dijo también: “Un hombre tenía dos hijos. El menor de ellos dijo a su padre: ‘Padre, dame la parte de herencia que me corresponde.’ Y el padre les repartió sus bienes. Pocos días después, el hijo menor recogió todo lo que tenía y se fue a un país lejano, donde malgastó sus bienes en una vida licenciosa. Después de haberlo gastado todo, sobrevino una fuerte hambre en aquella tierra y comenzó a sentir necesidad. Entonces se puso al servicio de uno de los habitantes de esa región, que lo envió a su campo para cuidar cerdos. Él hubiera deseado calmar su hambre con las bellotas que comían los cerdos, pero nadie se las daba. Entonces recapacitó y dijo: ‘¡Cuántos jornaleros de mi padre tienen pan en abundancia, y yo estoy aquí muriéndome de hambre!’ Ahora mismo iré a la casa de mi padre y le diré: ‘Padre, pequé contra el Cielo y contra ti; ya no merezco ser llamado hijo tuyo, trátame como a uno de tus jornaleros.’ Entonces partió y volvió a la casa de su padre. Cuando todavía estaba lejos, su padre lo vio y se conmovió profundamente, corrió a su encuentro, lo abrazó y lo besó. El joven le dijo: ‘Padre, pequé contra el Cielo y contra ti; no merezco ser llamado hijo tuyo.’ Pero el padre dijo a sus servidores: ‘Traigan enseguida la mejor ropa y vístanlo, pónganle un anillo en el dedo y sandalias en los pies. Traigan el ternero engordado y mátenlo. Comamos y festejemos, porque mi hijo estaba muerto y ha vuelto a la vida, estaba perdido y fue encontrado.’ Y comenzó la fiesta. El hijo mayor estaba en el campo. Al volver, ya cerca de la casa, oyó la música y los coros que acompañaban la danza. Y llamando a uno de los sirvientes, le preguntó que significaba eso. Él le respondió: ‘Tu hermano ha regresado, y tu padre hizo matar el ternero y engordado, porque lo ha recobrado sano y salvo.’ Él se enojó y no quiso entrar. Su padre salió para rogarle que entrara, pero él le respondió: ‘Hace tantos años que te sirvo sin haber desobedecido jamás ni una sola de tus órdenes, y nunca me diste un cabrito para hacer una fiesta con mis amigos. ¡Y ahora que ese hijo tuyo ha vuelto, después de haber gastado tus bienes con mujeres, haces matar para él el ternero engordado!’ Pero el padre le dijo: ‘Hijo mío, tú estás siempre conmigo, y todo lo mío es tuyo. Es justo que haya fiesta y alegría, porque tu hermano estaba muerto y ha vuelto a la vida, estaba perdido y ha sido encontrado.’”

      Delete
  6. Unang pagbabasa (Exodo 32: 7–11 at 13–14)
    Ang pagbabasa sa aklat ni Exodo.
    Sinabi ni Yahweh kay Moises, “Balikan mo ngayon din ang mga Israelitang inilabas mo sa Egipto, sapagkat itinakwil na nila ako. Tinalikdan nila agad ang mga utos ko. Gumawa sila ng guyang ginto. Iyon ang sinasamba nila ngayon at hinahandugan. Ang sabi nila'y iyon ang diyos na naglabas sa kanila sa Egipto. Kilala ko ang mga taong iyan at alam kong matitigas ang kanilang ulo. Hayaan mong lipulin ko sila at ikaw at ang iyong lahi'y gagawin kong isang malaking bansa.” Nagmakaawa si Moises kay Yahweh: “Huwag po! Huwag ninyong lilipulin ang mga taong inilabas ninyo sa Egipto sa pamamagitan ng inyong dakilang kapangyarihan. Alalahanin ninyo ang mga lingkod ninyong sina Abraham, Isaac at Jacob. Ipinangako ninyo sa kanila na ang lahi nila'y pararamihing tulad ng mga bituin sa langit at magiging kanila habang panahon ang lupang ipinangako ninyo.” Hindi nga itinuloy ni Yahweh ang balak na paglipol sa mga Israelita.

    Pangalawang pagbabasa (1 Timoteo 1: 12–17)
    Ang pagbabasa sa sulat ni Pablo kay Timoteo.
    Nagpapasalamat ako sa ating Panginoong Jesu-Cristo na nagbibigay sa akin ng lakas, dahil itinuring niya akong karapat-dapat na maglingkod sa kanya, kahit na noong una'y nilapastangan, inusig at nilait ko siya. Sa kabila nito'y nahabag sa akin ang Diyos sapagkat hindi ko nalalaman ang aking ginagawa noong ako'y hindi pa sumasampalataya. Pinasagana sa akin ang kagandahang-loob ng ating Panginoon at ipinagkaloob niya sa akin ang pananampalataya at pag-ibig na natatagpuan sa ating pakikipag-isa kay Cristo Jesus. Totoo ang pahayag na ito at dapat paniwalaan ng lahat: Si Cristo Jesus ay dumating sa sanlibutan upang iligtas ang mga makasalanan. At ako ang pinakamasama sa kanila. Ngunit akong pinakamasama ay kinahabagan, upang ipakita ni Cristo Jesus sa pamamagitan ko, ang kanyang lubos na pagtitiyaga, at upang ito'y maging halimbawa sa mga sasampalataya at bibigyan ng buhay na walang hanggan. Purihin natin at luwalhatiin magpakailanman ang iisang Diyos, Haring walang hanggan, walang kamatayan at di-nakikita! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ebanghelyo (Lucas 15: 1–32)
      Ang magandang balita ayon kay San Lucas.
      Isang araw, ang mga maniningil ng buwis at ang mga makasalanan ay lumapit kay Jesus upang makinig. Nagbulung-bulungan ang mga Pariseo at mga tagapagturo ng Kautusan. Sabi nila, “Ang taong ito'y nakikisama at nakikisalo sa mga makasalanan.” Dahil dito, sinabi sa kanila ni Jesus ang talinghagang ito. “Kung ang sinuman sa inyo ay may isandaang tupa at mawalan ng isa, ano ang gagawin niya? Hindi ba't iiwan niya ang siyamnapu't siyam sa pastulan at hahanapin ang nawawala hanggang sa ito'y matagpuan? Kapag nakita na niya ang tupa ay masaya niya itong papasanin. Pagdating sa bahay, aanyayahan niya ang kanyang mga kaibigan at mga kapitbahay at sasabihin sa kanila, ‘Makipagsaya kayo sa akin dahil nakita ko na ang tupa kong nawawala!’ Sinasabi ko sa inyo, magkakaroon ng higit na kagalakan sa langit dahil sa isang makasalanang tumatalikod sa kasalanan kaysa sa siyamnapu't siyam na matuwid na di nangangailangang magsisi.” “O kaya, kung ang isang babae ay may sampung salaping pilak at mawala ang isa, ano ang gagawin niya? Hindi ba't magsisindi siya ng ilawan, wawalisan ang buong bahay at hahanaping mabuti ang nawawalang salapi hanggang sa ito'y kanyang makita? Kapag nakita na niya ito, aanyayahan niya ang kanyang mga kaibigan at mga kapitbahay at sasabihin sa kanila, ‘Makipagsaya kayo sa akin, sapagkat nakita ko na ang nawawala kong salaping pilak!’ Sinasabi ko sa inyo, gayundin ang kagalakan ng mga anghel ng Diyos dahil sa isang makasalanang tumatalikod sa kasalanan.” Sinabi pa ni Jesus, “May isang tao na may dalawang anak na lalaki. Sinabi sa kanya ng bunso, ‘Ama, ibigay na po ninyo sa akin ang mamanahin ko.’ At hinati nga ng ama ang kanyang ari-arian. Pagkalipas ng ilang araw, ipinagbili ng bunso ang kanyang bahagi at nagpunta sa malayong lupain. Nilustay niya roon sa mga bisyo ang lahat niyang kayamanan. Nang maubos na ito, nagkaroon ng matinding taggutom sa lupaing iyon, kaya't siya'y nagsimulang maghirap. Namasukan siya sa isang tagaroon, at siya'y pinagtrabaho nito sa isang babuyan. Sa tindi ng kanyang gutom, at dahil sa wala namang nagbibigay sa kanya ng pagkain, halos kainin na niya ang mga pinagbalatan ng mga bungangkahoy na pinapakain sa mga baboy. Ngunit napag-isip-isip niya ang kanyang ginawa at nasabi niya sa sarili, ‘Labis-labis ang pagkain ng mga alila ng aking ama, samantalang ako'y namamatay dito sa gutom! Babalik ako sa aking ama at sasabihin ko sa kanya, “Ama, nagkasala po ako sa Diyos at sa inyo. Hindi na po ako karapat-dapat na tawaging anak ninyo; ibilang na lamang ninyo akong isa sa inyong mga alila.”’ At siya'y nagpasyang umuwi sa kanila.

      Delete
    2. “Malayo pa'y natanaw na siya ng kanyang ama, at dahil sa matinding awa ay patakbo siyang sinalubong, niyakap, at hinalikan. Sinabi ng anak, ‘Ama, nagkasala po ako sa Diyos at sa inyo. Hindi na po ako karapat-dapat na tawaging anak ninyo.’ Ngunit tinawag ng ama ang kanyang mga alila, ‘Dali! Kunin ninyo ang pinakamagandang damit at bihisan ninyo siya! Suotan ninyo siya ng singsing at ng sandalyas. Katayin ninyo ang pinatabang guya at tayo'y kumain at magdiwang. Sapagkat ang anak kong ito ay namatay na, ngunit siya ay nabuhay; nawala, ngunit muling natagpuan.’ At sila nga'y nagdiwang. “Nasa bukid noon ang anak na panganay. Nang umuwi siya at malapit na sa bahay, narinig niya ang tugtugan at sayawan. Tinawag niya ang isang utusan at tinanong, ‘Bakit? Ano'ng mayroon sa atin?’ ‘Dumating po ang inyong kapatid!’ sagot ng alila. ‘Ipinapatay po ng inyong ama ang pinatabang guya dahil ang inyong kapatid ay nakabalik nang buháy at walang sakit.’ Nagalit ang panganay at ayaw niyang pumasok sa bahay. Pinuntahan siya ng kanyang ama at pinakiusapan. Ngunit sumagot siya, ‘Pinaglingkuran ko kayo sa loob ng maraming taon at kailanma'y hindi ko kayo sinuway. Ngunit ni minsa'y hindi ninyo ako binigyan ng kahit isang maliit na kambing para magkasayahan kami ng aking mga kaibigan. Subalit nang dumating ang anak ninyong ito, na lumustay ng inyong kayamanan sa masasamang babae, ipinagpatay pa ninyo siya ng pinatabang guya!’ Sumagot ang ama, ‘Anak, lagi kitang kapiling at ang lahat ng aking ari-arian ay sa iyo. Nararapat lang na tayo'y magsaya at magdiwang, sapagkat namatay na ang kapatid mo, ngunit nabuhay; nawala, ngunit muling natagpuan.’”

      Delete
  7. Bacaan pertama (Keluaran 32: 7–11 dan 13–14)
    Pembacaan dari kitab Keluaran.
    Berfirmanlah TUHAN kepada Musa: "Pergilah, turunlah, sebab bangsamu yang kaupimpin keluar dari tanah Mesir telah rusak lakunya. Segera juga mereka menyimpang dari jalan yang Kuperintahkan kepada mereka; mereka telah membuat anak lembu tuangan, dan kepadanya mereka sujud menyembah dan mempersembahkan korban, sambil berkata: Hai Israel, inilah Allahmu yang telah menuntun engkau keluar dari tanah Mesir." Lagi firman TUHAN kepada Musa: "Telah Kulihat bangsa ini dan sesungguhnya mereka adalah suatu bangsa yang tegar tengkuk. Oleh sebab itu biarkanlah Aku, supaya murka-Ku bangkit terhadap mereka dan Aku akan membinasakan mereka, tetapi engkau akan Kubuat menjadi bangsa yang besar." Lalu Musa mencoba melunakkan hati TUHAN, Allahnya, dengan berkata: "Mengapakah, TUHAN, murka-Mu bangkit terhadap umat-Mu, yang telah Kaubawa keluar dari tanah Mesir dengan kekuatan yang besar dan dengan tangan yang kuat? Ingatlah kepada Abraham, Ishak dan Israel, hamba-hamba-Mu itu, sebab kepada mereka Engkau telah bersumpah demi diri-Mu sendiri dengan berfirman kepada mereka: Aku akan membuat keturunanmu sebanyak bintang di langit, dan seluruh negeri yang telah Kujanjikan ini akan Kuberikan kepada keturunanmu, supaya dimilikinya untuk selama-lamanya." Dan menyesallah TUHAN karena malapetaka yang dirancangkan-Nya atas umat-Nya.

    Bacaan kedua (1 Timotius 1: 12–17)
    Pembacaan dari surat Paulus yang pertama kepada Timotius.
    Aku bersyukur kepada Dia, yang menguatkan aku, yaitu Kristus Yesus, Tuhan kita, karena Ia menganggap aku setia dan mempercayakan pelayanan ini kepadaku—aku yang tadinya seorang penghujat dan seorang penganiaya dan seorang ganas, tetapi aku telah dikasihani-Nya, karena semuanya itu telah kulakukan tanpa pengetahuan yaitu di luar iman. Malah kasih karunia Tuhan kita itu telah dikaruniakan dengan limpahnya kepadaku dengan iman dan kasih dalam Kristus Yesus. Perkataan ini benar dan patut diterima sepenuhnya: "Kristus Yesus datang ke dunia untuk menyelamatkan orang berdosa," dan di antara mereka akulah yang paling berdosa. Tetapi justru karena itu aku dikasihani, agar dalam diriku ini, sebagai orang yang paling berdosa, Yesus Kristus menunjukkan seluruh kesabaran-Nya. Dengan demikian aku menjadi contoh bagi mereka yang kemudian percaya kepada-Nya dan mendapat hidup yang kekal. Hormat dan kemuliaan sampai selama-lamanya bagi Raja segala zaman, Allah yang kekal, yang tak nampak, yang esa! Amin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bacaan Injil (Lukas 15: 1–32)
      Pembacaan Injil suci menurut Santo Lukas.
      Para pemungut cukai dan orang-orang berdosa biasanya datang kepada Yesus untuk mendengarkan Dia. Maka bersungut-sungutlah orang-orang Farisi dan ahli-ahli Taurat, katanya: "Ia menerima orang-orang berdosa dan makan bersama-sama dengan mereka." Lalu Ia mengatakan perumpamaan ini kepada mereka: "Siapakah di antara kamu yang mempunyai seratus ekor domba, dan jikalau ia kehilangan seekor di antaranya, tidak meninggalkan yang sembilan puluh sembilan ekor di padang gurun dan pergi mencari yang sesat itu sampai ia menemukannya? Dan kalau ia telah menemukannya, ia meletakkannya di atas bahunya dengan gembira, dan setibanya di rumah ia memanggil sahabat-sahabat dan tetangga-tetangganya serta berkata kepada mereka: Bersukacitalah bersama-sama dengan aku, sebab dombaku yang hilang itu telah kutemukan. Aku berkata kepadamu: Demikian juga akan ada sukacita di surga karena satu orang berdosa yang bertobat, lebih dari pada sukacita karena sembilan puluh sembilan orang benar yang tidak memerlukan pertobatan." Yesus berkata lagi: "Ada seorang mempunyai dua anak laki-laki. Kata yang bungsu kepada ayahnya: Bapa, berikanlah kepadaku bagian harta milik kita yang menjadi hakku. Lalu ayahnya membagi-bagikan harta kekayaan itu di antara mereka. Beberapa hari kemudian anak bungsu itu menjual seluruh bagiannya itu lalu pergi ke negeri yang jauh. Di sana ia memboroskan harta miliknya itu dengan hidup berfoya-foya. Setelah dihabiskannya semuanya, timbullah bencana kelaparan di dalam negeri itu dan ia pun mulai melarat. Lalu ia pergi dan bekerja pada seorang majikan di negeri itu. Orang itu menyuruhnya ke ladang untuk menjaga babinya. Lalu ia ingin mengisi perutnya dengan ampas yang menjadi makanan babi itu, tetapi tidak seorang pun yang memberikannya kepadanya. Lalu ia menyadari keadaannya, katanya: Betapa banyaknya orang upahan bapaku yang berlimpah-limpah makanannya, tetapi aku di sini mati kelaparan. Aku akan bangkit dan pergi kepada bapaku dan berkata kepadanya: Bapa, aku telah berdosa terhadap surga dan terhadap bapa, aku tidak layak lagi disebutkan anak bapa; jadikanlah aku sebagai salah seorang upahan bapa. Maka bangkitlah ia dan pergi kepada bapanya. Ketika ia masih jauh, ayahnya telah melihatnya, lalu tergeraklah hatinya oleh belas kasihan. Ayahnya itu berlari mendapatkan dia lalu merangkul dan mencium dia. Kata anak itu kepadanya: Bapa, aku telah berdosa terhadap surga dan terhadap bapa, aku tidak layak lagi disebutkan anak bapa. Tetapi ayah itu berkata kepada hamba-hambanya: Lekaslah bawa ke mari jubah yang terbaik, pakaikanlah itu kepadanya dan kenakanlah cincin pada jarinya dan sepatu pada kakinya. Dan ambillah anak lembu tambun itu, sembelihlah dia dan marilah kita makan dan bersukacita. Sebab anakku ini telah mati dan menjadi hidup kembali, ia telah hilang dan didapat kembali. Maka mulailah mereka bersukaria. Tetapi anaknya yang sulung berada di ladang dan ketika ia pulang dan dekat ke rumah, ia mendengar bunyi seruling dan nyanyian tari-tarian. Lalu ia memanggil salah seorang hamba dan bertanya kepadanya apa arti semuanya itu. Jawab hamba itu: Adikmu telah kembali dan ayahmu telah menyembelih anak lembu tambun, karena ia mendapatnya kembali dengan sehat. Maka marahlah anak sulung itu dan ia tidak mau masuk. Lalu ayahnya keluar dan berbicara dengan dia. Tetapi ia menjawab ayahnya, katanya: Telah bertahun-tahun aku melayani bapa dan belum pernah aku melanggar perintah bapa, tetapi kepadaku belum pernah bapa memberikan seekor anak kambing untuk bersukacita dengan sahabat-sahabatku. Tetapi baru saja datang anak bapa yang telah memboroskan harta kekayaan bapa bersama-sama dengan pelacur-pelacur, maka bapa menyembelih anak lembu tambun itu untuk dia. Kata ayahnya kepadanya: Anakku, engkau selalu bersama-sama dengan aku, dan segala kepunyaanku adalah kepunyaanmu. Kita patut bersukacita dan bergembira karena adikmu telah mati dan menjadi hidup kembali, ia telah hilang dan didapat kembali."

      Delete
  8. 第一読み物(出エジプト記第32章:第7詩–第11詩と第13詩–第14詩)
    この読み物は出エジプト記です。
    主はモーセに仰せになった。「直ちに下山せよ。あなたがエジプトの国から導き上った民は堕落し、早くもわたしが命じた道からそれて、若い雄牛の鋳像を造り、それにひれ伏し、いけにえをささげて、『イスラエルよ、これこそあなたをエジプトの国から導き上った神々だ』と叫んでいる。」主は更に、モーセに言われた。「わたしはこの民を見てきたが、実にかたくなな民である。今は、わたしを引き止めるな。わたしの怒りは彼らに対して燃え上がっている。わたしは彼らを滅ぼし尽くし、あなたを大いなる民とする。」モーセは主なる神をなだめて言った。「主よ、どうして御自分の民に向かって怒りを燃やされるのですか。あなたが大いなる御力と強い御手をもってエジプトの国から導き出された民ではありませんか。どうか、あなたの僕であるアブラハム、イサク、イスラエルを思い起こしてください。あなたは彼らに自ら誓って、『わたしはあなたたちの子孫を天の星のように増やし、わたしが与えると約束したこの土地をことごとくあなたたちの子孫に授け、永久にそれを継がせる』と言われたではありませんか。」主は御自身の民にくだす、と告げられた災いを思い直された。

    第二読み物(テモテ手紙一第1章:第12詩–第17詩)
    この読み物はテモテへの第一手紙です。
    わたしを強くしてくださった、わたしたちの主キリスト・イエスに感謝しています。この方が、わたしを忠実な者と見なして務めに就かせてくださったからです。以前、わたしは神を冒瀆する者、迫害する者、暴力を振るう者でした。しかし、信じていないとき知らずに行ったことなので、憐れみを受けました。そして、わたしたちの主の恵みが、キリスト・イエスによる信仰と愛と共に、あふれるほど与えられました。「キリスト・イエスは、罪人を救うために世に来られた」という言葉は真実であり、そのまま受け入れるに値します。わたしは、その罪人の中で最たる者です。しかし、わたしが憐れみを受けたのは、キリスト・イエスがまずそのわたしに限りない忍耐をお示しになり、わたしがこの方を信じて永遠の命を得ようとしている人々の手本となるためでした。永遠の王、不滅で目に見えない唯一の神に、誉れと栄光が世々限りなくありますように、アーメン。

    福音書(ルカ第15章:第1詩–第32詩)
    この読み物はルカの福音書です。
    徴税人や罪人が皆、話を聞こうとしてイエスに近寄って来た。すると、ファリサイ派の人々や律法学者たちは、「この人は罪人たちを迎えて、食事まで一緒にしている」と不平を言いだした。そこで、イエスは次のたとえを話された。「あなたがたの中に、百匹の羊を持っている人がいて、その一匹を見失ったとすれば、九十九匹を野原に残して、見失った一匹を見つけ出すまで捜し回らないだろうか。そして、見つけたら、喜んでその羊を担いで、家に帰り、友達や近所の人々を呼び集めて、『見失った羊を見つけたので、一緒に喜んでください』と言うであろう。言っておくが、このように、悔い改める一人の罪人については、悔い改める必要のない九十九人の正しい人についてよりも大きな喜びが天にある。」「あるいは、ドラクメ銀貨を十枚持っている女がいて、その一枚を無くしたとすれば、ともし火をつけ、家を掃き、見つけるまで念を入れて捜さないだろうか。そして、見つけたら、友達や近所の女たちを呼び集めて、『無くした銀貨を見つけましたから、一緒に喜んでください』と言うであろう。言っておくが、このように、一人の罪人が悔い改めれば、神の天使たちの間に喜びがある。」また、イエスは言われた。「ある人に息子が二人いた。弟の方が父親に、『お父さん、わたしが頂くことになっている財産の分け前をください』と言った。それで、父親は財産を二人に分けてやった。何日もたたないうちに、下の息子は全部を金に換えて、遠い国に旅立ち、そこで放蕩の限りを尽くして、財産を無駄遣いしてしまった。何もかも使い果たしたとき、その地方にひどい飢饉が起こって、彼は食べるにも困り始めた。それで、その地方に住むある人のところに身を寄せたところ、その人は彼を畑にやって豚の世話をさせた。彼は豚の食べるいなご豆を食べてでも腹を満たしたかったが、食べ物をくれる人はだれもいなかった。そこで、彼は我に返って言った。『父のところでは、あんなに大勢の雇い人に、有り余るほどパンがあるのに、わたしはここで飢え死にしそうだ。ここをたち、父のところに行って言おう。「お父さん、わたしは天に対しても、またお父さんに対しても罪を犯しました。もう息子と呼ばれる資格はありません。雇い人の一人にしてください」と。』そして、彼はそこをたち、父親のもとに行った。ところが、まだ遠く離れていたのに、父親は息子を見つけて、憐れに思い、走り寄って首を抱き、接吻した。息子は言った。『お父さん、わたしは天に対しても、またお父さんに対しても罪を犯しました。もう息子と呼ばれる資格はありません。』しかし、父親は僕たちに言った。『急いでいちばん良い服を持って来て、この子に着せ、手に指輪をはめてやり、足に履物を履かせなさい。それから、肥えた子牛を連れて来て屠りなさい。食べて祝おう。この息子は、死んでいたのに生き返り、いなくなっていたのに見つかったからだ。』そして、祝宴を始めた。ところで、兄の方は畑にいたが、家の近くに来ると、音楽や踊りのざわめきが聞こえてきた。そこで、僕の一人を呼んで、これはいったい何事かと尋ねた。僕は言った。『弟さんが帰って来られました。無事な姿で迎えたというので、お父上が肥えた子牛を屠られたのです。』兄は怒って家に入ろうとはせず、父親が出て来てなだめた。しかし、兄は父親に言った。『このとおり、わたしは何年もお父さんに仕えています。言いつけに背いたことは一度もありません。それなのに、わたしが友達と宴会をするために、子山羊一匹すらくれなかったではありませんか。ところが、あなたのあの息子が、娼婦どもと一緒にあなたの身上を食いつぶして帰って来ると、肥えた子牛を屠っておやりになる。』すると、父親は言った。『子よ、お前はいつもわたしと一緒にいる。わたしのものは全部お前のものだ。だが、お前のあの弟は死んでいたのに生き返った。いなくなっていたのに見つかったのだ。祝宴を開いて楽しみ喜ぶのは当たり前ではないか。』」

    ReplyDelete

English: Do you have any comments or questions on this reading? Add your comment or question here.
Español: ¿Tienes cualquier comentarios o preguntas en esta lectura? Añade tu comentario o pregunta aquí.
Bahasa Indonesia: Ada komentar atau pertanyaan untuk bacaan ini? Mengatakan komentar Anda atau pertanyaan disini.
日本語:この読み物にコメントや質問がありますか?コメントや質問、書いて下さい。