Friday, June 3, 2016

Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus

Date: June 3, 2016

First Reading (Ezekiel 34: 11–16)
A reading from the book of the prophet Ezekiel.
Indeed the Lord says this: I myself will care for my sheep and watch over them. As the shepherd looks after his flock when he finds them scattered, so will I watch over my sheep and gather them from all the places where they were scattered in a time of cloud and fog. I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from other countries. I will lead them to their own land and pasture them on the mountains of Israel in all the valleys and inhabited regions of the land. I will take them to good pastures on the high mountains of Israel. They will rest where the grazing is good and feed in lush pastures on the heights of Israel. I myself will tend my sheep and let them rest, word of the Lord. I will search for the lost and lead back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the fat and strong will be eliminated. I will shepherd my flock with justice.

Second Reading (Romans 5: 5–11)
A reading from the letter of Saint Paul to the Romans.
Hope does not disappoint us because the Holy Spirit has been igven to us, pouring into our hearts the love of God. Consider, moreover, the time that Christ died for us: when we were still sinners and unable to do anything. Few would accept to die for an upright person; although, for a very good person, perhaps someone would dare to die. But see how God manifested his love for us: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us and we have become just through his blood. With much more reason now he will save us from any condemnation. Once enemies, we have been reconciled with God through the death of his Son; with much more reason now we may be saved through his life. Not only that; we feel secure in God because of Christ Jesus, our Lord, through whom we have been reconciled.

Gospel (Luke 7: 11–17)
A reading from the holy Gospel according to Luke.
A little later Jesus went to a town called Naim and many of his disciples went with him — a great number of people. As he reached the gate of the town, a dead man was being carried out. he was the only son of his mother and she was a widow; there followed a large crowd of townspeople. On seeing her, the Lord had pity on her and stated, "Do not cry." Then he camp up and touched the stretcher and the men who carried it stopped. Jesus then stated, "Young man, awake, I tell you." And the dead man got up and began to speak, and Jesus gave him to his mother. A holy fear came over them all and they praised God saying, "A great prophet has appeared among us; God has visited his people." This news spread out in the Jewish country and the surrounding places.

5 comments:

  1. Responsorial Psalm (Psalm 23) (Verses 1–6)
    The response is: The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
    • The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside the still waters, he restores my soul.
    • He guides me through the right paths for his name’s sake. Although I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for you are beside me: your rod and your staff comfort me.
    • You spread a table before me in the presence of my foes. You anoint my head with oil; my cup is overflowing.
    • Goodness and kindness will follow me all the days of my life. I shall dwell in the house of the Lord as long as I live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alleluia, alleluia.
    Take my yoke upon you, says the Lord, and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.
    Alleluia, alleluia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alleluia, alleluia.
    I am the good shepherd, says the Lord, I know my sheep, and mine know me.
    Alleluia, alleluia.

    ReplyDelete

English: Do you have any comments or questions on this reading? Add your comment or question here.
Español: ¿Tienes cualquier comentarios o preguntas en esta lectura? Añade tu comentario o pregunta aquí.
Bahasa Indonesia: Ada komentar atau pertanyaan untuk bacaan ini? Mengatakan komentar Anda atau pertanyaan disini.
日本語:この読み物にコメントや質問がありますか?コメントや質問、書いて下さい。